my last idea of a les paul goth isn't turning out so good so im looking for other good beginner guitar, my price range is 300 and i will buy used, i would like to play guns n'roses metallica linkin park stuff like that, so what do you guys recommend?

Edit: and evanescence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love evanescence and i don' care if you don't like them
See if you can pick up some guitar in mahogany at that price range?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
An epiphone les paul special should do the trick-Its a very decent beginners guitar imo
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
Ibanez gax70. I got one used, and its one of my favorite guitars Ive played. It only cost me about $250
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
esp 300 or 400 Viper or EC. or look at any schecter C-1 model. both of these brands are very reliable and sound great. Alot of players including myself try to stay away from the 2 major brands (Fender & Epiphone) in the less expensive models. i had a mexican strat that hed a pickup go bunk within 3 days of buying it brand new and it has never played very well. I also had to have the pickups in my Epi Les Paul Custom replaced due to the bridge going bunk on me after 2 years. now my EMG's scream and the guitar is actually worth something to me.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
if you can bump your budget up by about hmmm 50 bucks or so then you should definitely get the ibanez rg321
An epiphone les paul special should do the trick-Its a very decent beginners guitar imo

No.
Get yourself a les paul standard or G-400.Anything lower just isn't worth it.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.