Title.

Discuss, because I'm puzzled how to do it without my reamping setup. (reverb between attenuator Line Out and power amp)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Won't the amp's overdrive make it sound like absolute crap though?

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Depends on the type of sound you are after. If it's your standard distortion tone, then you will most likely not like it. However, different distortions (and thus amps) react differently when fed with effects, so you might as well try it out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Won't the amp's overdrive make it sound like absolute crap though?

Yep.

As you probably know, reverb should generally be the very last effect. At least after any sort of distortion i.e. fx loop.

If you can't get that, well.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
You could always get a good overdrive pedal to put before the reverb pedal, and have the amp on clean. Shoegazers do that quite a lot.
Quote by BrickIsRed
You could always get a good overdrive pedal to put before the reverb pedal, and have the amp on clean. Shoegazers do that quite a lot.

Proper power tube distortion > any dirt box for rock and hard rock.

I also happen to have TWO good overdrives and a JCM 800...

Quote by nightraven
a touch of dirt into going to make the reverb sound horrible. how much distortion are we talking about here?

We're talking Pre-Amp on 7 with the OCD Volume on 2:00.

It's a ****load of gain.

I have heard what sounds like reverb placed before an overdriven tube amp, and it sounds very very cool. However not your typical rock/metal sound. As always, if you want typical results, have a typical setup.
Can't you mod in an effects loop? Thought you were relatively handy Bubbs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Can't you mod in an effects loop? Thought you were relatively handy Bubbs.

I could, but there's no way I'm butchering the circuit in my JCM by adding stuff.

I'll only go so far as to alter some resistive values to warm up the amp a bit and give it a bit more classic voicing, but none of that requires any drilling and I can easily return it to stock later if I choose.

Quote by Union Of V
I have heard what sounds like reverb placed before an overdriven tube amp, and it sounds very very cool. However not your typical rock/metal sound. As always, if you want typical results, have a typical setup.

How did they typically do it before loops existed?

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jul 17, 2009,
In the front. Duh.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by nightraven
put the reverb in post-production

That's what I figured.

I'll just have to wait until I get the reamping setup going before I get the reverb, then.

I should be able to add reverb between the attenuator Line Out and the second power amp, since it's a line-level signal.