Yeah, i had a thread a couple weeks ago for amp suggestions. I got JCM800 and AC30, which i cant seem to find either of in my price range. Plus i wanted to widen the horizons a little bit more. So I'm looking for an amp, i have 750$, budgets pretty firm, I'm going to be getting a Fender MIM Standard SSS strat here soon as well. I need something incredibly versatile, since i find myself playing thrash metal every now and then, and sometimes i end up playing old 50s rock and roll, country, blues,whatever. I'm not concerned with exactly replecating any specific tone, but more finding mine that suits the genre. I usually buy used, but if theres not a whole lot to be gained I'll be fine with new.
peavey 6505 or maybe a valveking.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by iceh88
peavey 6505 or maybe a valveking.

For metal and 1950s rock and roll, and country, 6506 or the valveking would be bad choices at that price..
Are you gigging?

anyway, Peavey classic 30+overdrive pedal+distortion pedal (IMO, TS808 and Metal Muff)
The Classic 30 has awesome cleans and a very good dirty RnR sound. The OD is for when you want some distortion or a gain/volume boost for leads or whatever. The other pedal is for the br00talz. The metal muff is also a very versatile pedal for anything from hard rock to groove metal.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Fender Blues Junior perhaps? I've got a Fender Blues Deluxe. It's great. If I had to do it again though, I'd probably get the Blue Junior. The Blues Deluxe is just too loud sometimes. I normally mic it when I'm playing live anyways. I can get a lot of tones out of it though. Blues, Classic rock, Thrash (with an overdrive pedal of course). I'd suggest you look into one of these.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by ldnovelo
Are you gigging?

anyway, Peavey classic 30+overdrive pedal+distortion pedal (IMO, TS808 and Metal Muff)
The Classic 30 has awesome cleans and a very good dirty RnR sound. The OD is for when you want some distortion or a gain/volume boost for leads or whatever. The other pedal is for the br00talz. The metal muff is also a very versatile pedal for anything from hard rock to groove metal.

+1 to the Classic 30.
I recommend the Barber Dirty Bomb for distortion.
http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1566&CategoryID=
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
UG bandwagon got me interested in em, cant seem to find them locally though, any more recs?
Quote by kurtebirdi
UG bandwagon got me interested in em, cant seem to find them locally though, any more recs?

Can't find Peavey Classic 30's? I trip over 'em in every store I go to in Detroit.
an amp that does thrash metal and country... for $750...

you might be forced to go the modeler route... not gonna give you the best possible tone for each genre, but it'll cover all your bases pretty well. check out the used market for Vetta II's and Switchblades (I know, I know, they usually go for more than his budget, but I've heard of a lot of people finding great deals on these).

EDIT: guilty of my own petpieve, not reading through the thread... I see that many here have said the classic... also a good choice.
Last edited by GrisKy at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by Two_Africans
i'd get a marshall half stack or a line 6 spider 75 or 100 watt.

Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by Two_Africans
i'd get a marshall half stack or a line 6 spider 75 or 100 watt.

i want a JCM 800... but screw spiders, BTW its 75 and 150 watt, I dont think there is a 100, my buddy just got a 150 fulls stack, he "upgraded" from a MG halfstack, I make fun of every amp him and his cousin buy, they both own spiders now

I'd like to have a giggable amp, I'm not so sure I'm up for a modeller, I hate SS for just about all its worth. Never played a Vetta though it might win me over
Last edited by kurtebirdi at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by kurtebirdi
i want a JCM 800... but screw spiders, BTW its 75 and 150 watt, I dont think there is a 100, my buddy just got a 150 fulls stack, he "upgraded" from a MG halfstack, I make fun of every amp him and his cousin buy, they both own spiders now

I'd like to have a giggable amp, I'm not so sure I'm up for a modeller, I hate SS for just about all its worth. Never played a Vetta though it might win me over

oh man, poor bastards... they did it to themselves though, fell for "the latest and greatest in on-board fx..." paired with one of the ****iest tones an amp could make. I'm sure some idiot will run along in short order to "inform" me that you could've meant the spyder valve series, which (to their tone-deaf ears) isn't half bad.
*If this person sounds like you, don't bother. I don't really give a f*** if you love your SV.

yeah, I'm very against ss also, maybe more so than anyone else I've come across on these threads, but you listed some pretty different genres bro. Ofcourse, you could always go the JCM800 (or Splawn, Voodoo, Laney, Orange, whatev...) route and tweak for whatever different type of gig you've got coming up... just a thought.
Traynor YCS 50 / YCV50 BLUE
Traynor YCS 40
Red Bear MK60
Sovtek MIG
Peavey Butcher
Peavey VTM (single channel)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??