Hey UGers.

Looking to get myself set up but don't have the money to get separate pedals for everything. So, Multi Effects Units.

I'm looking at the ME50, ME70 and am open to suggestions. Budget is 300.

Thanks
Id look into a Line 6 PODXT live, or if you can find it for that price used, a POD X3 Live
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
NO!
stay away from boss... like most of the crap they mass produce, their multi-fx boards sound like a farting asshole.

the only multi-fx board in your price range (really at all) that I can reccommend to you in good faith would be line6's ORIGINAL floor POD. all the ones since have been tone/c*** suckers, but the original was pretty solid.
Do the Pods sound like Spider III's? Cause if they do I ain't touching it, trust me I own a Spider III (I was young and impressionable ).
Heard a real nice distortion from a Digitech HotHead. But I'd like a Multi Effects board for the expression pedals too. Wah and Octave is what I want mainly.
Quote by AltarageR
Do the Pods sound like Spider III's? Cause if they do I ain't touching it, trust me I own a Spider III (I was young and impressionable ).
Heard a real nice distortion from a Digitech HotHead. But I'd like a Multi Effects board for the expression pedals too. Wah and Octave is what I want mainly.

no way in hell do they do. they sound more like vettas and flexitones
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
no way in hell do they do. they sound more like vettas and flexitones

+1

I maintain that the original was the best of all the floor-model PODs, but they're all lightyears beyond the spyder series.
my friend has a digitech RP250, its cheaper than ur range
i tried it out yesterday wen he came over its really not that bad, like most multi effects gives u stuff based on classic pedals and amps, my only problem with it was that it sounded too "digital"
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
If I were you I would get the Zoom G9.2tt. It has two valves, one for the pre-drive and post-drive, and the 3D pedal is killer. You dont havethe same "On-the-fly" functionality as a good set of stomp boxes, but this pedal is tops. It does everything the ME-70 does, and it has tubes! What more could a man ask for?

They retial for around 220-300 on eBay. I,ve used it manyt times, as a member of my band has one, they rock, look into it FTW!
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204