I got Ernie ball hybrid slinky strings and they sound very tinny compared to my other D'Addario strings. Are they supposed to be like that or are they defective? What are the best strings to buy for electric guitar?
Quote by Two_Africans
What are the best strings to buy for electric guitar?

Ernie Ball
Maybe they are a lighter gauge than the D'Addarios? Hybrids go from 9 to 46 I believe, so they might feel thinner at the non-wound end of things. I've never had a problem with Ernie Ball (except that the 7 String Regulars could stand to have a slightly higher gauge on the low B...).
Last edited by deaththrashcore at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by Two_Africans
I got Ernie ball hybrid slinky strings and they sound very tinny compared to my other D'Addario strings. Are they supposed to be like that or are they defective? What are the best strings to buy for electric guitar?

My preferred strings for electric are Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom or something . . . but I'm lazy and haven't branched out a ton.
I've used Ernie Ball my entire playing career...which ranges out to be about 6 years. I've never had a problem and though i've never tired new strings i doubt i ever will unless i hear SOMETHING that is amazing about some other strings.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
the only ernie ball strings i've used have left me deceived
it used to take me a week to go through a pack of them, but stubborn as i am, it took me 3 or 4 packs to change brand, and they're the only strings that i've ever had trouble with

my favorite strings were elixir, but now i'm starting to try them all out again, using d'addario in one of my guitars right now and it's different but i'm tired of em, never liked d'addario
i remember i liked the labella strings a lot last year
That's the change of sound from dead strings to new ones. Especially Ernie Balls, they sound great for a week.
Ive always liked slinks but I haven't tried very much else I tried D,Addario and I though they were a little on the slick side at first but know Ive taken a liking to them.
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3
Only strings I will use are D'Addarios, love them. Tried Ernie Balls and just was not happy.