that's the icing on the cake - this forum is off my list - too much RATTING and bull****. Maybe if it wasn't full of overweight LOSER juveniles it would be a better place... Way to go you DUFASS
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jul 18, 2009,
I wasn't really fussed myself, but they were breaking rules so I can see why he got reported (I'm amazed it took so long actually) especially around here.

I like a lot of the people on this forum and don't really want to leave UG entirely, but this all does beg the question - Is there a forum like this out there for adults? Where I'm not being moderated by a bunch of pre-pubesant teenagers and can say what i mean without being censored?

I'm also an infrequent pit-monkey, the night MJ died I logged in to have a bit of a laugh and hopefully pick up some sick jokes, only to find that all MJ threads had been banned! For shame UG, for shame.

So I 'spose this leaves some of us with a choice

1) Go elsewhere (where?)
2) Petition UG for an over 18's section which isn't policed by spotty 15 year olds drunk on power?
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
the "Reported" thing is complete bull****. WTF is up with that? Rat Bastards is what we call those kind of people (I'm Italian). Ken (acmebargig) produces AND GIVES AWAY quality software and this is rediculous.

The guitarampmodeling forums are great - great guys, lots of info, impulses & presets to download, and acmebargig has their own section (with Lepou) to get their great plug-ins.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by cuthbertg
I wasn't really fussed myself, but they were breaking rules so I can see why he got reported (I'm amazed it took so long actually) especially around here.

I like a lot of the people on this forum and don't really want to leave UG entirely, but this all does beg the question - Is there a forum like this out there for adults? Where I'm not being moderated by a bunch of pre-pubesant teenagers and can say what i mean without being censored?

I'm also an infrequent pit-monkey, the night MJ died I logged in to have a bit of a laugh and hopefully pick up some sick jokes, only to find that all MJ threads had been banned! For shame UG, for shame.

So I 'spose this leaves some of us with a choice

1) Go elsewhere (where?)
2) Petition UG for an over 18's section which isn't policed by spotty 15 year olds drunk on power?

how did he break the rules?

seriously?
It's probably something to do with spam - like i'm not even allowed to post links to ebay stuff I'm selling......

To stay within the UG rules he was probaly supposed to open a single thread for all his releases in the classifieds section (?!) or something equally pointless

Don't ask me for the the quote, there are so many rules and requlations on here and they're not all in one place. Use the searchbar

If you had a '59 les paul for sale but just wanted a grand for it this afternoon otherwise you would die and decided to post anywhere other than the classified section, some little **** would ad a *reported* post to your very beneficial thread.................

The other thing is, that if you post on a thread that has been *reported* you can get a warning too!!

I swear most of the people who do that will end up either as parking attendants or in the Sky TV/Broadband call center....wankers.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Hey Guys, just wanted to chime in on this thread...

First thing to note...AcmeBarGig went through the right channels and in fact obtained permission to support this forum. We do that pretty much at every forum we support(almost 50). So as far as rule breaking, I am sure we did not knowingly break any rules as we had permission...

The rules that the mods gave us was that we could have our website in our Sig and we could post links to plugins in threads where people were asking where to get delay plugins, etc. That is of course in addition to making available our plugins to UG members in our own threads.

We certainly did not just come here and break forum rules...We don't knowingly do that. That would be against our own internal company rules, we don't knowingly dis-respect any internet community.

My Original post that caused this change states more clearly why we have left the UG community.

After having trouble at other forums, Acmebargig instituted a No Harm Policy. The Policy was put in place for all 28 ABG members. It States that we are not to make any further Official ABG postings at a forum if our actions are disruptive to the natural flow of the forum...Obviously our posting here is disrupting, so we have to leave. If I don't follow this policy then I can't expect anyone else in my organization too.

This Policy was put in place out of respect to the communities we frequent. I have enjoyed my time here and you guys are awesome...You can always drop by acmebargig.com if you have any questions, or comments, or if you wanna let us hear what you recorded(We Love that). So Sorry guys..There will be no further postings here from AcmeBarGig...
I quite liked it when plug-in companies were advertising here, it made this forum seem like a pioneering hub of computer-based recording guitar technology!

Which is much better than the reality....
Quote by sam i am
I quite liked it when plug-in companies were advertising here, it made this forum seem like a pioneering hub of computer-based recording guitar technology!

Which is much better than the reality....

Although, I must admit my cynical side is begging to be heard - I wonder if this is all just a ploy...., troll anyone?

Could this just be a marketing trick for us all to go over to the ABG site/forums to assist them with beta testing and developing thier products which they would then later sell to us as they become more successful and the products get better?

After all, there is no such thing as a free lunch, and they must have some sort of revenue stream and I doubt it's internet advertising........

I'm not entirely convinced by the No harm policy bit, and if you previously sought permission and not broke the rules, then i fail to see how your posts have been disruptive to the R&R forum.

Knowing the general consensus around here with regards to pirating etc, it seems rather hypocritical for anyone here to say that company offering free plugins and a chance to have your say in their development could possibly be construed as 'disruptive'

Unless you have some sort of trekkie fan prime directive when it comes to interfering with lesser beings?

Explain yourself Ken - enquiring minds want to know!
Face it - This forum just cut it's own throat... Ken doesn't need to explain himself - he offered us all FREE plug-ins that didn't expire, have limitations, etc. AND THEY WERE GREAT too. Why would anyone object to that? WTF - where's the logic in that. Thank God I belong to other forums that not only Love Acmebargig's stuff but actually created a separate forum just for them. I'd hardly relate him to a TROLL. What a complete waste.
Quote by strangedogs
Face it - This forum just cut it's own throat... Ken doesn't need to explain himself - he offered us all FREE plug-ins that didn't expire, have limitations, etc. AND THEY WERE GREAT too. Why would anyone object to that? WTF - where's the logic in that. Thank God I belong to other forums that not only Love Acmebargig's stuff but actually created a separate forum just for them. I'd hardly relate him to a TROLL. What a complete waste.

Meh, you're probably right - I haven't had my prozac yet
cuthbertg...
You're Joking right?

"Could this just be a marketing trick for us all to go over to the ABG site/forums to assist them with beta testing and developing thier products which they would then later sell to us as they become more successful and the products get better?"

Gimme a break...We have always said that come December the upgrades of our plugs will be for sale...We have changed business models a few times trying to find a revenue stream that would appeal to everyone. What we have come up with is this, the first releases of all our plugs are freeware, the upgrades to those plugs will be $10.00 US Each..Nothing hidden, no ply, **** ALL!

"After all, there is no such thing as a free lunch, and they must have some sort of revenue stream and I doubt it's internet advertising........"

Yes we do have a revenue stream...Its called my wife and I 's life savings...

"I'm not entirely convinced by the No harm policy bit, and if you previously sought permission and not broke the rules, then i fail to see how your posts have been disruptive to the R&R forum."

Well when you do what we have done, and regularly answer posts at 40-50 forums 3-4 times per day, get nothing out of it, and then get called a spammer, and reported... then simply put, I won't be part of it..I won't allow Acme to be put in the same category as Penis enlargement salesmen...
I will not take part in this type of juvenile thing that hurts a company that I and another 20 some odd people have sunk so much into. These posts have a far ranging reach to all over the world...Don't believe me, try typing AcmeBarGig into google and see how many forum posts come up...I will not let someone who does not have clue what we're all about to cause negative comment flow about my company to be broadcast all over the web for nothing...We did nothing but come here and be respectful and offer free items...and then did our bets to support them as well...

"Although, I must admit my cynical side is begging to be heard - I wonder if this is all just a ploy...., troll anyone?"

Thanks for that...See now my name and my company name is associated with being a trolls...So now as a result of your statement, how many times will people see that...Thanks really nice of you to help us out in that way!

This is also why that rule is in place...

Understand?

So, I hope that answered your questions and really hope you didn't mean what you said about us being trolls...Because IMO that is just not fair at all...
KM
Quote by JohnnyMcFly
cuthbertg...
You're Joking right?

"Could this just be a marketing trick for us all to go over to the ABG site/forums to assist them with beta testing and developing thier products which they would then later sell to us as they become more successful and the products get better?"

Gimme a break...We have always said that come December the upgrades of our plugs will be for sale...We have changed business models a few times trying to find a revenue stream that would appeal to everyone. What we have come up with is this, the first releases of all our plugs are freeware, the upgrades to those plugs will be $10.00 US Each..Nothing hidden, no ply, **** ALL!

"After all, there is no such thing as a free lunch, and they must have some sort of revenue stream and I doubt it's internet advertising........"

Yes we do have a revenue stream...Its called my wife and I 's life savings...

"I'm not entirely convinced by the No harm policy bit, and if you previously sought permission and not broke the rules, then i fail to see how your posts have been disruptive to the R&R forum."

Well when you do what we have done, and regularly answer posts at 40-50 forums 3-4 times per day, get nothing out of it, and then get called a spammer, and reported... then simply put, I won't be part of it..I won't allow Acme to be put in the same category as Penis enlargement salesmen...
I will not take part in this type of juvenile thing that hurts a company that I and another 20 some odd people have sunk so much into. These posts have a far ranging reach to all over the world...Don't believe me, try typing AcmeBarGig into google and see how many forum posts come up...I will not let someone who does not have clue what we're all about to cause negative comment flow about my company to be broadcast all over the web for nothing...We did nothing but come here and be respectful and offer free items...and then did our bets to support them as well...

"Although, I must admit my cynical side is begging to be heard - I wonder if this is all just a ploy...., troll anyone?"

Thanks for that...See now my name and my company name is associated with being a trolls...So now as a result of your statement, how many times will people see that...Thanks really nice of you to help us out in that way!

This is also why that rule is in place...

Understand?

So, I hope that answered your questions and really hope you didn't mean what you said about us being trolls...Because IMO that is just not fair at all...
KM

Fair do's mate - you have silenced my suspicious mind!

As the MD of my own IT company, I hear what your saying

Didn't mean to cause any harm and best of luck with everything and i hope your, and more importantly the missus', savings balances start moving the other way soon!

*suppose I'd better try some of these ruddy plugs now*
Last edited by cuthbertg at Jul 19, 2009,