I'm looking to get a decent Megadeth tone. I have a Peavey Vypyr 30W and I'm borrowing my friend's Digitech RP70 which has a preset for JCM800, which was Mustaine's amp. I have it set at that and I know people say just mess with the settings, which I have done. I just can't seem to figure out what I need to adjust. I almost have it, it's alright but not quite there.
Dude lots of people on here hate Dave Mustaines tone for some reason. So the only answer you probably will get is "turn the $hit nob all the way to 10." I for one, love Dave's tone and the main reason for me even posting is to see if anyone replies so I to can get Dave's tone. Thanks.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Just use the vypyr on the REC red setting.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Apparently there isn't, I'd try the JSX or XXX then, I suppose.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Apparently there isn't, I'd try the JSX or XXX then, I suppose.

I find the closest thing to a JCM800 is the B-KAT model, or the plexi with the TBSCRMR model.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.