So, I have a crap Austin ERA strat copy and im thinking about putting some black carvin twin blade stacked humbuckers on it with a black pearloid pickguard (the pickups and pick guard are white now). Now will the carvins fit into my guitar? I want to get the carvin pickups cause they're kinda cheap are they good pickups? This is my first mod and I don't really know how to approach it at all. So any tips or suggestions on how to go about this would be appriciated. thanks!
Does you guitar have humbuckers in it now?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Oh stupid me, I didn't read your first post very carefully, my bad. If the new pickguard fits, which I think it will (from looking at pictures of an Austin strat), you shouldn't have any other problems. The stacked humbuckers should fit in the pickguard. You're gonna have to do some soldering, but it's not too complicated. For a wiring diagram go to http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/ and pick your's out.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Also, you'll have to see what routing your guitar currently has.

Most strats are routed for a HSH setup, if yours is one of them you'll be fine.
You'll also be fine if it's a swimming pool route (just a big hole).

If its a SSS route, then you'll obviously have to do some routing yourself to get it to hold a HB.
Thanks. Do you think its something that I should do on my own? i'd like to try it but I'm afraid of doing some real damage to my guitar. Bu tI don't know how else I would learn how to do it.
Quote by ePOWsa
Thanks. Do you think its something that I should do on my own? i'd like to try it but I'm afraid of doing some real damage to my guitar. Bu tI don't know how else I would learn how to do it.

I think you should do it because it's a good learning experience, and it'll be that much sweeter when you get to play it again. As long as you're not careless, you probably won't hurt anything. There's always the option of taking it in somewhere if you can't figure it out. Good luck man.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Thanks a lot. I have a basic strat wiring diagram in a book of mine so I'm gonna take a look at that and see what I cant get out of it. Does anyone know anything about carvin pickups, caise I don't know anything about them if they're any good or not.
Quote by ePOWsa
Thanks a lot. I have a basic strat wiring diagram in a book of mine so I'm gonna take a look at that and see what I cant get out of it. Does anyone know anything about carvin pickups, caise I don't know anything about them if they're any good or not.

Here's some reviews of a Carvin stacked humbucker, not sure if this is the one you're looking at though. http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Guitar+Pickup/product/Carvin/TBH+60+Twin+Blade+Humbuckers/10/1
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

I would get Emgs. what kind of music will you be playing?
STRAIGHT EDGE

I have chosen this path...

not to fit a mold,

not to join a trend,

not to follow a crowd,

but because it is right for me

XXX
Quote by JeremyKing

LOL shouldnt you say "what kind of music will you be playing?" first and then when he tells you "t3h br00talz" THEN say "I would get Emgs" ? Seems odd to push a certain kind of pup before knowing what kind of sound hes going for. And then ask what kind of sound hes going for.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by JeremyKing

Yeah....no, even though I love my EMG's, I kinda wished I went with those custom 12 pole single coils DiMarzio's my local music store had.

All you really need to do is check your routing, and get an HH or HSH pickguard, if you go HH then you need a new pickup selector, a 3 way, cause you have a 5 way right now, and could be a pain to wire up two pickups to a 5 way. Remember where your wires soldered to the pots, and just replace the pickups. Simple as that.