Hey guys, I have been wanting a 7 string guitar for a while now. My guitar teacher recently recomended this guitar made by Carvin. The only problem I have about getting this is I cant try it out. Which kindof makes me mad cause it looks like a really nice guitar, but i dont know how the action is on it or any other features. Please tell how it is if you have ever played it or own one. Thank you
im pretty sure they have a 10 or 15 day trial period, and also im pretty sure i saw a policy somewhere that "if the action isnt the best it can be, we'll take it back" or something like that.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
1. IIRC, Carvin's policy is that if you buy a new one from them and you don't like it for whatever reason, you have a period of a few days where can send it back and get a refund.

2. Having played a few Carvins, and maybe ordering a CS4 in the near future: do it.
I have yet to hear a bad thing about carvin. The only one i've had the opportunity to try was an older bass in a sort of SG-ish shape made out of maple with a maple neck. I could feel how high-quality it was, even though the neck was about as thick as Warwick's necks and it was very heavy

And yes, Carvin does have a 15-day period where you can return the guitar if you are not satisfied. I've only heard good things about their instruments, equiptment, and customer service. I've had a craving for a Carvin recently but unfortunately i don't have enough money to buy one.

Hope that helps.

The only return cost is the return shipping. From the TS's original post it doesn't sound liek you understand that unless you buy an instock guitar this will be a custom built instrument to your specifications and the features will be chosen by you.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I've been searching for the best quality super/modern strat for a couple of years now and if you check the guitars I own, I've got one of just about every manufacturer out there.
That was my goal and I've come to the inevitable end of the road.

I got my first DC 127 for Christmas 08' and I've since bought another 127 and another 135 that I got last week.
They really are that good and I mean in every area of guitar making.

You really can't go wrong with their return policy, they do it cause the return rate is low or non-existent.

I've got two 127's enroute as we speak, one scheduled for UPS delivery tomorrow and another from USPS so I'll be lucky to get it this weekend.
Even thought they're the same model, I'm as excited to get them as if I'd never played one before.

Hope this helps.
The ONLY, and I really mean only drawback to Carvin seven stringers is that they use a Licensed Floyd Rose if you select a FR for your bridge. On the six strings it's an OFR, not so on the sevens. I have heard that it is a very very good LFR, however. I haven't played a 727, however I play my DC127 every day. Best guitar I've ever played, and I've played some nice guitars.
Last edited by stratman7 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by stratman7
The ONLY, and I really mean only drawback to Carvin seven stringers is that they use a Licensed Floyd Rose if you select a FR for your bridge. On the six strings it's an OFR, not so on the sevens. I have heard that it is a very very good LFR, however. I haven't played a 727, however I play my DC127 every day. Best guitar I've ever played, and I've played some nice guitars.

The only time an LFR is a bad thing is when it's a cheap one, so i don't see the problem.
Yeah, the 7-string trems they use are high quality, so no worries there. The wait will feel like an eternity but once you get your Carvin I think you will be quite satisfied. Does your teacher own one? Ask if you can try it out sometime, or any other Carvin you can get your hands on.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!