These probably show up 20 times a day but im gonna ask anyway.

So i have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard and the Pickups sound like Mush.... well at least the Bridge does. I play Pop/punk ( ex. All Time Low, Paramore, Etc) all the way to slightly heavier stuff like (The Devil Wears Prada, A Day To Remember Etc) basically anything near those genres. So what would be the best bet? I wanna keep it under/around a $100. And how much does it usually cost to get them installed? i have no idea how to install them on my own.

one last questions. does anybody know if epiphone uses different pickups in their standard and Custom models?

Thanks in Advance
Jessica
get a new amp. amps make up 80% of ur tone and pickups make up 10%. if u get new pickups it wont make much of a difference since ur amp is a solid state
Last edited by Supersonic64 at Jul 17, 2009,
it goes both ways really. you have to upgrade both at the same time to really see any major benefit. if thats your long term plan than a pickup change couldn't hurt.

looking at paramore's guitars. he's got a les paul classic, you have an epi. how nice. thats a gibson 496R and a 500T no covers. if you dont know how to take the covers off without doing damage then just use them with the covers on.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by fullsailstudent
it goes both ways really. you have to upgrade both at the same time to really see any major benefit. if thats your long term plan than a pickup change couldn't hurt.

looking at paramore's guitars. he's got a les paul classic, you have an epi. how nice. thats a gibson 496R and a 500T no covers. if you dont know how to take the covers off without doing damage then just use them with the covers on.

im not trying to be exactly like josh.

i rather have something with pickup covers too.

how about Seymour Duncans JB or Alnico II Pro?

will that give me enough output for the devil wears prada?
Quote by Supersonic64
get a new amp. amps make up 80% of ur tone and pickups make up 10%. if u get new pickups it wont make much of a difference since ur amp is a solid state

i thought about a new amp for a while. but my parents are bitchy about sound and most tube amps are in high wattage. im not sure if i ever get to use since im not in a band or anything
regardless of how much output you have, you can still get the sound you want. it just takes different gear to get you there. the JB is ok for most music but its too plain for harder stuff. but seriously, the gibson LP classic stock pickups, like I said, not to be like josh but because its the sound of a gibson LP classic, always sounds good in that epi which is a gibson clone obviously. the rest is in the tube amps really.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by JessicaGonzo
i thought about a new amp for a while. but my parents are bitchy about sound and most tube amps are in high wattage. im not sure if i ever get to use since im not in a band or anything

have u thought about blackstar ht-5's? if ur in the states their pretty cheap. im planning on getting one soon and it has alot of gain but if u want a metalcore sound u may need an od. then decide if u need new pickups.
Quote by Supersonic64
have u thought about blackstar ht-5's? if ur in the states their pretty cheap. im planning on getting one soon and it has alot of gain but if u want a metalcore sound u may need an od. then decide if u need new pickups.

is the blackstar just for metalcore?

because i considerd a B-52 tube 40 watt but im thinking its too high gain for my taste

cause i want something versitle...
Quote by fullsailstudent
regardless of how much output you have, you can still get the sound you want. it just takes different gear to get you there. the JB is ok for most music but its too plain for harder stuff. but seriously, the gibson LP classic stock pickups, like I said, not to be like josh but because its the sound of a gibson LP classic, always sounds good in that epi which is a gibson clone obviously. the rest is in the tube amps really.

how much do the stock pups run?
Quote by JessicaGonzo
is the blackstar just for metalcore?

because i considerd a B-52 tube 40 watt but im thinking its too high gain for my taste

cause i want something versitle...

no it is pretty versitle has decent cleans but not alot of head room and it very nice over drive and its not insanley loud strictley for house practice
Quote by JessicaGonzo
how much do the stock pups run?

gibson pickups tend to be over priced and lackluster compared to dimarzios sd's etc. Honestly an ht-5 would fit you well. It sounds great for alot of different tones and not to incredibly loud. Pickups can be the fine tooth comb you use for your tone, while the amp paints a broad overall strokes.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks