Just brainstorming.... umm... time, and how there's so much of it but there still is never enough.
Signatures are overrated.
it doesn't need to contain lyrics for the whole of 13 minutes. Most "epic" songs (longer than 7 minutes) are more than half instrumental.

on the subject of the lyrics: any topic will do.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Why don't you record your song somehow and upload it to give us an impression of the feeling the song creates? This would make it much easier to chose a topic
brainstorm?

Literally, a brain storm.

A
storm of thoughts or some such
Drink the sauce. Go on, it's okay. Just remember, I am the quest.

Quote by illuminatiano
YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
i tried to write one about a girl who loses everything and tried to kill herself (interesting?)

whatever topic you pick though, for a 13 minute epic track, i'd try and break the lyrics down into different parts and ideas, just to make it easier

or write a story and change it to fit
Try writing an actuall story with a poem. Have the story flow with the music you have writen so have the story turn for the worst when the music gets really sad, then as the music turns a little more happy, make the story sound more happy.
If this helps :p
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
If You Wish to Give C4C Click on the Smlileys
:
How AWESOME Led Zeppelin are.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Obama.
Make him into a God and invent the mythical story of his life.

or do the same thing with Rush Limbaugh! Something for everyone.
Quote by Cat Of Pain
^Very, very, very well done sir. You truly win.

C.

The C is what makes this post.