I'm trading a bunch of old Squier Bullet parts for a Boss Metal core Distortion pedal anybody know how this pedal sounds?
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Jul 16, 2009,
so is it a metalcore or a metal zone ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
It wont sound good with your frontman, or the vypyr you want. It wont sound good with anything really.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
I agree with khfan, it doesn't sound good with much at all.
It is a good practice pedal I use it on my practice amp all the time and have no problems with it. I wouldn't gig or record with it but it works for getting a modern metal tone when dicking around in your bedroom.
I'm playing through a ten watt amp but I'm getting a Vypyr 15 soon So I might sell it soon.
Quote by bagpipemetal
I'm playing through a ten watt amp but I'm getting a Vypyr 15 soon So I might sell it soon.

Just an opinion, but man, that's not much of an upgrade. Save your money up for a giggity-giggable amp like a 30watt tube combo.
They're not as bad as everyone here will tell you they are. Either way, for a bunch of Squier parts, it's a good deal.
Look it up on youtube or go and try it
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
I know a band that uses them through their Mesa's

They (the band) sound good live so I don't know...
I have a huge fear if rays.
If you're getting a Vypyr, you won't need a pedal to give you more gain surely? In any case, the Metal Zone is pretty poor.
If you're getting a Vypyr, you won't need a pedal to give you more gain surely? In any case, the Metal Zone is pretty poor.

Yeah I probably won't use it with a Vypyr when I get one but I don't know when that will be since none of the Stores around where I live are hiring right now and I have expendable cash right now.
Quote by nightraven
piece of ****

i hate it more than the metal zone

Man there's nothing I hate more than the Metal Zone. The Metal Core comes close, but not that close
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^The only amps I've played either pedals on were in guitar center, where they had them hooked up to Ravens, MG's, and Vox AD30s.

Are they just trying to get really bad tone?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Well the pedal is $99 on Musiciansfriend so even if I hate it I can still sell it for some cash.
no point in buying that if you are getting a vypyr. The distortion on the vypyr will be better. So unless you are getting this for free its not worth it.
I am getting it for free. I've been thinking of getting the Peavey Valveking Royal 8 5 watt tube amp though since it's not super expensove like the other tube amps.