I just wanted to put this out there.

If you are looking into the Seymour Duncan Distortion Humbuckers and see all the reviews that say how crappy they are for the clean sound, DONT LISTEN. The clean sound on these are amazing, as with the distorted. I bought these when i was planning to start a thrash band and im now in a clasic hard rock style band and was worried if i'd still be able to get good clean tones for Skynyrd and whatnot, and these buckers are great!

BUY THEM
/\
Duncan should hire me
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
It would be spam. TS needs to ad something to make it a conversation. Like what do you think about them? or how are your experiences with these pick ups?
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
says the guy with a spider 120 w
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Quote by Jaekae
says the guy with a spider 120 w

I new i should take that out of my thread..

sorry everyone i meant to add the "what d oyou think part." idk why i forgot.

WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Dunno. I'm curious, I put a TB-6 in my Custom build I've been working on for the past couple of weeks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I will speak up on the behalf of the reviews that we shouldn't be listening to...

I have owned a Duncan distortion in the past, in fact they were the very first set of aftermarket pickups that I had in a MIM strat, and it's gone in a les paul as well.

And I have also owned several other sets of pickups, ranging from Duncans and Dimarzios to high end boutique pickups.

In my guitar, I found the Duncan distortions harsh and compressed, completely lacking in dynamic response and touch sensitivity and do not sound good clean, a common quality in high output pickups. The only high output pickup that I would even consider having in my guitars is the WCR Fillmore currently in my les paul. Similar kind of grinding mids, but with a top end that is much sweeter, and a low end that does not get as boomy.

"Good tone" is relative, thus, I would like to hear what other pickups you've tried in this guitar and what amps outside of the Spider you've put this guitar with the Duncan Distortion (as well as the other pickups) through, because until then, for all we know, you could just be comparing this to a set of crappy stock pickups through a Spider. Which I think most will agree is no benchmark for good tone.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 17, 2009,
Of course, Al, no two sets of ears are the same.
TBH, though, ANYTHING is better than Epiphone pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^which is exactly why I have a hard time not rolling my eyes when someone comes bursting in claiming that everyone else's opinion on a pickup is wrong when he/she may not even have anything to standardize it to.