any suggestions on a good cheap (and sadly i mean a cheap price, im in the Marines so money is scarce lol) tube amp something small good for a small room for practice that has decent gain, style influences like Avenged sevenfold, zeppelin, Judas priest, metallica.....something that can produce a decent sound for that type of music. I have a Gibson LP with seymours so the guitar can handle any amp lol. just need to get a good idea on something inexpensive but good. sadly im afraid i wont find much for under $200 but its worth a shot. otherwise my Line 6 toneport and my Desktop PC is gonna continue to be my main rig.
You're definitely not going to find a tube amp for under $200 that can do all of those. If you can live without the A7X tones, maybe check out a Crate Vintage Club...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
well im sure a pedal or 2 could give a good gain boost on any amp. so nuts to a stock amp with uber gain no worries. lol.
ibanez valbee
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I dont really know of any small tube amps man. My suggestion is just go to a guitar store that has a large selection of amps and see whats in your budget. plug up, see what you like
used crate vc2010. great cheap tone monster.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Actually went up to the music store to have a gander this past friday and we went through a bunch of amps crates to Vox and right when i was like meh my price range is way too low for a decent sounding tube amp we saw this Fender that was only $200 at the front of the store. The Fender Vibro Champ XD to be exact, and i had a look at it. It has basically a full tube setup, pre amp and the amp are tube driven and it has a bunch of voices on it and effects. and let me tell you it has a great rich tube sound and its gotta be worth more than $200. instantly fell in love with it. lol
Vibrochamp? Nice little amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
go to the thread in my sig, its got some advice on pros and cons of several tube amps for cheap
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
looks like i did make a good choice, the Vibro champ according to your lil chart is pretty much one of the best overall tube amps out there. plus it really sounds good in my opinion. that and the price is right!
What's the purpose of playing a Gibson Les Paul through a $200 (or less) amp? It's like... I don't know, using a Stradivarius to play Mary Had a Little Lamb.
well when you are in the Military, have very limited space, and cant be super loud in the barracks, but still want to rock it out, a smaller amp is the way to go. and to be honest this amp sounds so much better than any of the smaller solid states that were extremely less expensive. so theres the justification bro.
You made the right choice. I've got 7 tube amps including a Super Champ XD. If they all got stolen, the first thing I'd do is go get another SCXD. The Vibro is exactly the same amp only with a 5 watt power section. Very versatile and you can get a wide range of tones without pedals.

What's the purpose of playing a Gibson Les Paul through a $200 (or less) amp? It's like... I don't know, using a Stradivarius to play Mary Had a Little Lamb.
Because its the best $200 amp you can find. And I'd rather use a Strat to play Mary Had a Little Lamb. Just like Stevie did.
Got my carvin mts for 480 bucks used
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.