Tried the searchbar and found nothing.

Hey guys, I'm a poor college student looking for a car that can get me back and fourth from my internship position starting this fall. I was thinking of getting something similar to a 2001-03 Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla.

What I'm looking for is:

- Reliable
- High gas mileage (most likely a 4 cylinder)
- Less than 80K miles
- Preferably manual, but will drive auto.
- 4 doors
- 2 wheel drive

So, what I ask you is a Civic or Corolla the best choice for me, or is there another car that I can get more bang for my buck? My budget is roughly $7,500.

Suggestions?
Comments?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
i like the NEW civics better than the corolla since you get more standard features, HOWEVER, the corolla will probably be a lot cheaper. I'd still say get the civic though. keep in mind that insurance is higher on a civic because it is the most commonly stolen vehicle on the road.
So you should get an FC (2nd gen rx-7) I saw this real clean one on craigslist for like 3500!
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Has anyone had luck shopping on craigslist for a car? From my experience, craigslist is packed with scammers and is just not real fun to work with. I saw a 2001 civic for $7,000 and only 55K miles on autotrader that I am going to go check out at the dealership tomorrow.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by SoccerRM1
Has anyone had luck shopping on craigslist for a car? From my experience, craigslist is packed with scammers and is just not real fun to work with. I saw a 2001 civic for $7,000 and only 55K miles on autotrader that I am going to go check out at the dealership tomorrow.

I would say it's in your best interest to deal with either the dealers or Autotrader, since there are just way too many curb-siders on craigslist. the price is a little higher at the dealership, but you're getting a certified pre owned car.
Craigslist is real good around here. A lot of great deals if you look.
I once saw a 2000 civic si that was selling for 6000. It was sold in days.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by SGburnsRED
Craigslist is real good around here. A lot of great deals if you look.
I once saw a 2000 civic si that was selling for 6000. It was sold in days.

meh
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You could probably find a lower milage nissan 300zx for 7500 that is if you can find one. I still cant find one in my area. I would much rather have one of these than any civic or corolla but thats me.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by BlackIce87
You could probably find a lower milage nissan 300zx for 7500 that is if you can find one. I still cant find one in my area. I would much rather have one of these than any civic or corolla but thats me.

just tried autotrader, they didn't have any within 50 miles of me for less than 10K
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You guys do realize that he needs a reliable car that doesn't guzzle gas,and to the guy that said 2nd gen RX7,you dumbass,rotaries are known for gas guzzling.

Anyways,my advice is a used 200x VW Bora 1.9 TDI(turbodiesel).My family has had it for years and it's a 4 dor,FWD,real comfy,get's you about 5l per 100 km which is about 20 km per liter,that is 12.5 miles per liter and THAT means 45.42494136 miles per gallon

EDIT:sorry it's VW Jetta in the US
Hodam,a stojim...
Last edited by Azrael_031 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by Azrael_031
You guys do realize that he needs a reliable car that doesn't guzzle gas,and to the guy that said 2nd gen RX7,you dumbass,rotaries are known for gas guzzling.

Anyways,my advice is a used 200x VW Bora 1.9 TDI(turbodiesel).My family has had it for years and it's a 4 dor,FWD,real comfy,get's you about 5l per 100 km which is about 20 km per liter,that is 12.5 miles per liter and THAT means 45.42494136 miles per gallon

nice maths

I'll check it out
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by SoccerRM1
nice maths

I'll check it out

If you want you can add me to your msn list,I'm always up for a talk about cars and I know a lot about cars and bikes.Plus,I see you're not good with cash,so I wouldn't like you to make a mistake and loose money on resale

I don't use the one that i registered with,so you'll have to PM me if you want.
Hodam,a stojim...
Last edited by Azrael_031 at Jul 17, 2009,