Hey guys, I'm in the market for a used car. I'm saving for a down payment and will finance it, so I'm thinking of something 8-10 thousand dollars.

Two cars that I have in mind are a Pontiac Grand-Am and a Dodge Intrepid, but am open for suggestions with other cars.

So what should I get?
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
67 Shelby Mustang GT500

Nice, but certainly not in my price range.
get a older truck in decent cond. not to bad in price range and picks up girls.
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Ferrari!
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by Brennon
get a older truck in decent cond. not to bad in price range and picks up girls.

you know what, i drive a badass truck for 3 years, i play guitar for 6 years, i sing, and i still cant pick up girls. i am sh*t.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11
you know what, i drive a badass truck for 3 years, i play guitar for 6 years, i sing, and i still cant pick up girls. i am sh*t.

You might need to wear sunglasses.
Nissan 300zx TT, 3000Gt Vr-4,Dodge Stealth R/t, Eclipse or Talon, Older Vette, 95 and up Mustang Cobra or a Fox Body Saleen,If your lucky a 3rd Gen Rx-7, Trans Am.
/Thread
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Drop the American garbage that has way to little HP per Liter!

Go European,BMW E36 330,it's in your price range and it's an AMAZING car!
Hodam,a stojim...
Scratch that,go for an E46 325,still in your price range,even more awesome
Hodam,a stojim...
Quote by Azrael_031
Drop the American garbage that has way to little HP per Liter!

Go European,BMW E36 330,it's in your price range and it's an AMAZING car!

I thought about going with a Bimmer, but the closest dealership that has them is an hour's drive from here. I'm hoping to find a car from a smaller dealership near where I live, they tend to swing better deals, and since my dad knows someone at a dealership we can get a pretty good deal.
I'd try to find a used truck/car with warranty on it, you could probably get a used single cab truck for damn near 9 grand right now, but not from a dealership id just look on craigslist or just look around. Just make sure to look under the hood and see if you see any oil leaks or anything that looks suspicious
Quote by guitardude11

grow some balls and talk to em maby?
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by dudius
I thought about going with a Bimmer, but the closest dealership that has them is an hour's drive from here. I'm hoping to find a car from a smaller dealership near where I live, they tend to swing better deals, and since my dad knows someone at a dealership we can get a pretty good deal.

As a guy who's experienced,I'm telling you,AVOID dealerships.

They like to rip people off,any experienced automotive freak will tell you to buy from a person,not a company when it get's to used vehicles.

And if they hit you with stuff like "A big block V8 is better than that small block I6" Well then you know that they're just full of crap.
Hodam,a stojim...
Get a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by CM_X5
Get a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I used to have a 99 Grand Prix GT, which is why I want a Grand Am GT right now. Nice cars, but I'm looking for something different.

Quote by Azrael_031
As a guy who's experienced,I'm telling you,AVOID dealerships.

They like to rip people off,any experienced automotive freak will tell you to buy from a person,not a company when it get's to used vehicles.

And if they hit you with stuff like "A big block V8 is better than that small block I6" Well then you know that they're just full of crap.

I have a general knowledge of cars, and my dad has a better knowledge PLUS works as a salesman, so he knows how to wheel and deal. He's also bought three cars from the dealership I'm going to go through, so I'm not worried about getting ripped off.
Last edited by dudius at Jul 17, 2009,
2003 ford mustang. if you have a look through my profile pictures i picked up a running 1970 Mach 1 Mustang for $9000, and if you're patient enough to restore it yourself you could get one of these.
ya know what? screw that dude. listen to me. get on craigslist. you can find a clean car or truck with around 100k miles for like 2 grand. a ranger, or a grand prix, or a civic, or a s10. whatever the heck you want. get one of these. you will find some in really good shape. get a mechanically inclined friend to accompany you checking out the car of course for everything under the hood. but save the rest of that money and put it INTO the car.

hell. you can find people selling $30k cars w/o engines in perfect condition for 5k. drop another 2k. you just payed 7k for a 30k car
^Most of those cars without engines either have salvaged titles and other problems and are not really worth the time to fix. You should take my advice...

9k for a Mach1 you say shiny? Does it have the Matching CJ? If so nice score me and my dad are restoring a 65 atm.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by codynw42
ya know what? screw that dude. listen to me. get on craigslist. you can find a clean car or truck with around 100k miles for like 2 grand. a ranger, or a grand prix, or a civic, or a s10. whatever the heck you want. get one of these. you will find some in really good shape. get a mechanically inclined friend to accompany you checking out the car of course for everything under the hood. but save the rest of that money and put it INTO the car.

hell. you can find people selling $30k cars w/o engines in perfect condition for 5k. drop another 2k. you just payed 7k for a 30k car

A) Craigslist has many people who aren't legit.

B) I'll pass on getting hit by the Craigslist Killers.