Page 1 of 2
While I was playing my guitar today, I was watching TV and stumbled upon this Christian television channel. Instinctively, I flipped past it without second thought. But something made me go back (the equivalent of a digital double take, I suppose). On this program, the guy was essentially selling salvation. For a measly $1,000! This was called a "$1,000 seed". With this thousand dollars comes "God's protection" from Communism, The Obama Administration, Homosexual agendas, and a slew of other things.

Invoking the name of God to steal anything from anyone (whether it be money or even freedom) is an act so much more despicable than any of the undertakings that this man was trying to label as such. Preying on people who have nowhere else to turn in the name of God is what these people are doing. I am constantly disgusted by the pathetic level of xenophobia that the human race is capable of.

Anyone else feel the same.

"Well, I wish I was on some
Australian mountain range.
Oh, I wish I was on some
Australian mountain range.
I got no reason to be there, but I
Imagine it would be some kind of change."
-Bob Dylan
Get back in the house and take your I'm-so-old-I'm-gonna DAMN-DIE-pills!
-Early Cuyler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R.I.P. Dael Moore
^Laughed my ass off....really
-Early Cuyler

R.I.P. Dael Moore
I find it incomprehensible that some people are actually dumb enough to go for things like that. I mean, how dumb would you have to be??? I just can't even imagine how such a person rationalizes. Its truly remarkable.

Anyway, how is this xenophobic behavior??
As a Christian, I'm appalled when people try to sell salvation, so to speak. It's not something you can buy or earn. Even tithe is debatable. Some say you should tithe no matter what your financial status is and God will provide, though I'm kind of cheap and don't feel any less a Christian or less loved by God because I don't tithe at all.
Thats why I'm not religious.

I feel that no matter what religion, they all basically take advantage of people one way or another. Religion just offers people false hope or some sense that all the work they've done in their life meant for something. While people are too busy worrying about that **** and praying to various gods, they're missing out on a lot of enjoyable parts of life.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
WTF? this is why people assume Christians are all retarded freaks.

and anyways, we needed protection from Bush, not Obama...
How do the shitty lyrics fit in with the rest of your post?

Anyway, if someone is stupid enough to pay $1000 for God's protection from the evil gay black Arab communists, they probably deserve it.
kill all humans
Quote by Våd Hamster
Holy polygamic shit, is that darkstar2466?

Where the heck have you been?

Polymagic shit indeed!

I've been busy with school, isolating myself from the internets, and doing outdoorsy things that make me happy. Lurking on UG this summer though, because I'm preparing for a computer graphics course that's programming intensive and I need to use the internets all the time.

And how are you sir? Long time no see!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by ZoSo_bc89
I find it incomprehensible that some people are actually dumb enough to go for things like that. I mean, how dumb would you have to be??? I just can't even imagine how such a person rationalizes. Its truly remarkable.

Anyway, how is this xenophobic behavior??

Xenophobia is a fear or hatred of something foreign in nature. Or, the fear of something that you don't understand. My target of this statement is the homophobic tendencies that people on stations like this display. These people don't understand, so the try to destroy it like cavemen. I am an outspoken person for equal rights for everyone, and **** like this sickens me.
-Early Cuyler

R.I.P. Dael Moore
Quote by thejoel3
Xenophobia is a fear or hatred of something foreign in nature. Or, the fear of something that you don't understand. My target of this statement is the homophobic tendencies that people on stations like this display. These people don't understand, so the try to destroy it like cavemen. I am an outspoken person for equal rights for everyone, and **** like this sickens me.

People disagree with certain beliefs, ideals, or concepts, it's the nature of the beast. This is why "equal rights" is a paradox, if you truly were for equal rights for everyone, you'd leave these people alone and let them revel in their ignorance as opposed to calling them cavemen and trying to alter or change their beliefs.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

/thread
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by fluffpuff999
WTF? this is why people assume Christians are all retarded freaks.

The definition of stereotyping ^
Quote by darkstar2466

I've been busy with school, isolating myself from the internets, and doing outdoorsy things that make me happy. Lurking on UG this summer though, because I'm preparing for a computer graphics course that's programming intensive and I need to use the internets all the time.

And how are you sir? Long time no see!

Indeed

Oh same old same. Just finished first year of college, and I've begun seriously writing music and such. Things are looking bright as ever.

Quote by blynd_snyper
If you can't earn it then how do people achieve salvation?

Oh lawd, blynd_snyper is here too!
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Because it's Mr. Zimmerman Bob
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by CrowStoner
People disagree with certain beliefs, ideals, or concepts, it's the nature of the beast. This is why "equal rights" is a paradox, if you truly were for equal rights for everyone, you'd leave these people alone and let them revel in their ignorance as opposed to calling them cavemen and trying to alter or change their beliefs.

SORE SPOT!

joking.

I agree that people are never going to completely see eye-to-eye. However, when someones advocating the segregation of people based solely on the fact that they are scared of them, they should be stopped. (This was called the Civil Rights movement, and by your logic it should have never happened?)
-Early Cuyler

R.I.P. Dael Moore
Quote by blynd_snyper
People here know me?

Oh whoa. It's you! I remember your old avatar with the dude with the boner and all...

Quote by Våd Hamster
Indeed

Oh same old same. Just finished first year of college, and I've begun seriously writing music and such. Things are looking bright as ever.

That's awesome. I'm starting to compose a bunch of little segments. I need to sit down one day, record 20-30 of them, and start thinking about making songs.

I miss the good old days when the late night UGers would hijack threads to no end, and piss the night away blabbering on about funny pointless stuff.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by blynd_snyper
People here know me?

Well, I do

I just get all happy when I see some of the old regulars. The awesome ones, at least.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

I just like bob Dylan

But is this better?

Now there are some preachers on tv with a suit and a tie and a vest
They want you to send your money to the lord but they give you their address
Cause all of your donations are completely tax free
God bless you all but most of all send your money.
-Hank Williams Sr.
-Early Cuyler

R.I.P. Dael Moore
Quote by darkstar2466

That's awesome. I'm starting to compose a bunch of little segments. I need to sit down one day, record 20-30 of them, and start thinking about making songs.

I miss the good old days when the late night UGers would hijack threads to no end, and piss the night away blabbering on about funny pointless stuff.

Yeah those were the days...
Quote by blynd_snyper
Yeah, I bet you'd be excited about having hotpunksk8rgirl back.

Only because everyone would suck up to her, and a few regulars would stand back and post Picards.

The Assrammer incident was better though.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Only because everyone would suck up to her, and a few regulars would stand back and post Picards.

The Assrammer incident was better though.

Haha, nothing better than the horrible pics that were posted. I still miss the pit president elections.
Some people are desperate for safety and comfort. Welcome to the burden of survival.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Haha, nothing better than the horrible pics that were posted. I still miss the pit president elections.

I would say the highlight of UG forums since I've been here was the development of the story of the guy who banged his girlfriend and her father put her in a mental hospital and such. That was pretty intense.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by blynd_snyper

I miss Cas best admin ever.

Quote by darkstar2466
I would say the highlight of UG forums since I've been here was the development of the story of the guy who banged his girlfriend and her father put her in a mental hospital and such. That was pretty intense.

I almost remember that.

There was one thread about this dude who thought Zeus was telling him to murder his girlfriend. He was apparently on the run from the police

Best part was all the people seriously trying to help him.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Some people are desperate for safety and comfort. Welcome to the burden of survival.

I am aware of this but taking advantage of this sad fact in the name of god is disgusting.
-Early Cuyler

R.I.P. Dael Moore
Quote by darkstar2466

I think i missed that one.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I miss Cas best admin ever.

Yeah, apart from when I got banned by him. Though I did deserve it.

Quote by Våd Hamster
There was one thread about this dude who thought Zeus was telling him to murder his girlfriend. He was apparently on the run from the police

Best part was all the people seriously trying to help him.

Damn noobs feeding the trolls.
Quote by CrowStoner

This would be fine, if their beliefs and ignorance (interesting combination) didn't encroach on rights that people should actually have.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon
This would be fine, if their beliefs and ignorance (interesting combination) didn't encroach on rights that people should actually have.

-Early Cuyler

R.I.P. Dael Moore
Quote by thejoel3
I am aware of this but taking advantage of this sad fact in the name of god is disgusting.

Yeah? People are never the most moral of creatures you know.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Yeah? People are never the most moral of creatures you know.

Yes, sadly i do.
-Early Cuyler

R.I.P. Dael Moore
Page 1 of 2