well i bought an rg2550z at the start of the year in jan and i restrung it for the first time yesterday (those other strings lasted for agesss). i ****ed it up the string only wound around the tuning peg once on most of the strings before it was in tune so i had to leave it like that or i would snap the strings. now my edge zero went out cause i just chopped all the strings off having the ****s cause the were in my way. and now when i play every sting open and i pull the whammy bar as high as it goes. low E goes up to the 5th fret, A goes up to the 5th fret, D goes up to the 5th fret, G goes up to the 9th fret, B goes up to the 5th fret and high e goes up to the 3rd fret. how do i get the g string down and the high e up ??
hope this made sense haha
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
come on guys, can any one help??
Quote by nathan549
well i bought an rg2550z at the start of the year in jan and i restrung it for the first time yesterday (those other strings lasted for agesss). i ****ed it up the string only wound around the tuning peg once on most of the strings before it was in tune so i had to leave it like that or i would snap the strings. now my edge zero went out cause i just chopped all the strings off having the ****s cause the were in my way. and now when i play every sting open and i pull the whammy bar as high as it goes. low E goes up to the 5th fret, A goes up to the 5th fret, D goes up to the 5th fret, G goes up to the 9th fret, B goes up to the 5th fret and high e goes up to the 3rd fret. how do i get the g string down and the high e up ??
hope this made sense haha

What strings were they that lasted 6 months?

As for the rest of your post... I can't understand anything from it at all.

EDIT: Well I tried to read it again, I still don't understand much of it, but seems like your Edge is pulled up high? You might be using too high of a gauge of strings and need a setup with it.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Last edited by wair138 at Jul 31, 2009,
haha alright il try again. i changed my strings to ernie ball slinkys, and when i put them on my guitar and tuned it the strings only wrapped around the tuning peg once then it was in tune (its meant to wrap around a couple of times). how the **** do i change the strings properly on an edge zero? now with my tremolo the high e string (when edge zero is pulled up) only goes to the 3 fret note, so 1 and a half notes higher, all the rest of my strings (besides the g string) go 2 and a half notes higher when the tremolo is pulled up. the g string is 4 and a half notes higher when pulled up. what do i do to the edge zero so all the strings are in sync??
Last edited by nathan549 at Aug 3, 2009,
change your strings 1 at a time.

and your suppose to be able to pull up to a 4th.

referring to the 3rd fret as 1.5 notes is sloppy it`s better to call it two whole steps..
is there anyway to make my trem in sync?? i don't have a clue how to do it?