i'm hoping you guys can help me choose a guitar.

i want one with 24 frets (unless there's an obvious disadvantage to that which you may know of, if so just say)
HSS or HHS pickups

but i'm having most trouble deciding on the bridge, i've heard that floyd rose trems are great, but not very practical (i would need to be able to use various tunings and different string sizes) however i would like a trem bridge. i was thinking of getting a strat style (i think it's called synchronised trem?) but with locking nuts to stop it going out of tune to much.

sorry if i'm being to picky, but i would hate to spend a lot of money but then be restricted.

i would be playing classic rock and metal.
i'm looking to spend about £350 - £500 (not a lot i know)

thanks for the help
Last edited by i_am_skwerl at Jul 17, 2009,
I've been getting into those Kahler non trem bridges, they seem pretty good, and have fine tuners and **** on them. Idk, check them out if you want.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144708&page=2&pp=20

Edit: I've been following that for a while, maybe it's what you're looking for?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jul 17, 2009,
i edited my post, i know it's not a lot to spend, but it should get me a decent guitar.
a locking nut would make a strat trem just as bad as a floyd in tuning problems. Youd still have unlock the nut to retune the strings and even then a strat trem doesn't have fine tuners so you would just have to hope that once you clamp the nut down everything is in tune....

Locking tuners would be good though if you want a strat trem.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
so would that be a bad idea? to get locking nuts?
i'm lost on what to look for.

oh and i'm not really willing to buy second hand unless i pick it up in person.
Try the Epiphone Les Paul, it's not 24 frets, but it's in your price range and it's more than decent bang for your buck. No trem either on the LP, but your question is contradictory. You want to be able to use different tunings but you want a locking tremolo as well, which will severely hamper that. Sounds to me like you want 2 different guitars mate :-)
fender mim fat strat. and you'll want to string the guitar well and also make sure that the string is passing through the nut easily.

edit: doesn't come with 24 frets but meh.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by KaGe47
Try the Epiphone Les Paul, it's not 24 frets, but it's in your price range and it's more than decent bang for your buck. No trem either on the LP, but your question is contradictory. You want to be able to use different tunings but you want a locking tremolo as well, which will severely hamper that. Sounds to me like you want 2 different guitars mate :-)
What he said. 2 guitars is your best bet.