And recorded it =D

Read the description, and don't flame my suckingness, I wasn't planning on actually doing anything with the recording, but I decided "why the hell not" not enough good clips of JCM 900 4100s around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQxofzLaXWE

Feedback appreciated, also, anyone else got some nice vids of dimed valve amps?

Edit: It sounded a fair bit like the tone in Living After Midnight, just a little more agressive and ballsy.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jul 17, 2009,
I'm truely jealous you've had the chance to really turn it up!

Then again you probably live in the middle of the out back /general australian stereotype.

I think with some EQ'ing that will sound even better

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
I'm truely jealous you've had the chance to really turn it up!

Then again you probably live in the middle of the out back /general australian stereotype.

I think with some EQ'ing that will sound even better

Yeah, I'll give it a nice EQing once I get another chance to crank it.
And it wasn't all that loud, the cab I'm using is only 140watts, and once the speakers distort the volume drops a bit.

I might also record it dimed on Channel B, which has more drive.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Recording quality is kinda bad but from what i can tell the tone sounds pretty nice. I'm definitely going to have to consider picking one up.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
Recording quality is kinda bad but from what i can tell the tone sounds pretty nice. I'm definitely going to have to consider picking one up.

I don't know how it'd work for Metalcore, it was a very vintage tone, and keep in mind, I had this thing turned up completely on every knob (Excluding reverb) Most attenuators will kill your tone once you get it that loud, and most of the power tube distortion in 900s kicks in around 7 - 10, the volume is at the end, doesn't get loud till like 5.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I'd definitely keep the t-shirts on the mic because the difference between that was night and day. EQing is and recording a crazy sample on channel B would ultimately be a plus! I can't wait till the day I can crank my amp, neighbors complain enough as is >.>
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Drewski09
I'd definitely keep the t-shirts on the mic because the difference between that was night and day. EQing is and recording a crazy sample on channel B would ultimately be a plus! I can't wait till the day I can crank my amp, neighbors complain enough as is >.>

Next time I'll put the tshirts on so it's less muffled, I just chucked it under a big pile, when it got louder again I had it only under 1, I'll do 2 next time, see how it works out then. I'm also thinking about just getting a new mic lol.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
I don't know how it'd work for Metalcore, it was a very vintage tone, and keep in mind, I had this thing turned up completely on every knob (Excluding reverb) Most attenuators will kill your tone once you get it that loud, and most of the power tube distortion in 900s kicks in around 7 - 10, the volume is at the end, doesn't get loud till like 5.

I don't play metalcore. or any kind of core for that matter.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

Really? Lol, deceiving name/avatar then.

Wait, do you listen to *cores but play thrash and that? Cause half the favourite bands you listed were the *core bands I was thinking of when I said the tone wouldn't really work for you.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

Blahblahblah your icon is Korn and metalcore both of which suck- now that we got that issue out of the way...

I would suggest for recording you will want a better mic, however I'm not sure where the best position is for recording at excessively loud volumes, but it works best to put the mic right in the center of one of your speakers' cones. I'm not sure why but that has been the best way to do it from what I have experienced.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by AxSilentxLine
No offence but I thought it sounded like ass, but I guess it's just not my thing, nice amp though

Lol, you sound like ass >;O
Nawh.
I reckon if you'dve been in the room with me you'd have liked the tone, even if it wasn't your thing, it just worked. It was so ****ing smooth lol.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

Well then why the **** did you call yourself the "xMetalCoreKingx" and why do you have a -core band avatar?

If the above post was rude, it's because I had no ****ing sleep last night and my internet keeps cutting out, causing me to become really pissed off.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
No offence but I thought it sounded like ass, but I guess it's just not my thing, nice amp though

Yeah I didn't like it either. But then again, I don't like how my JCM2000 sounds with maximum gain.
Next time don't dime the EQ... that was a bad idea. Otherwise it sounds good!
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15