So my dad asked me what kind of combo tube amp is the best if you are just playing around in the house. I've never really played combo tube amps, even though I've been playing for 20+ years. He plays thrash metal/hard rock. Anyways, his price range is between 500-700 bucks. And don't be talking about stacks because he REALLY doesn't need one of those... I can't really tell him what to buy because I'm not very educated in combo amps... I'm just a guitar technician...
Last edited by HeavyMetalDude1 at Jul 17, 2009,
Tell him to be a real man, and get a Plexi full stack (Yeah, expanded budget too) and just dime it lol.

But if not for the price, I'd say check out the Marshall Haze 15 mini stack, sounds pretty decent from what I've heard, but the head alone is $700 or so, and each of the 1x12" cabs would be like $400.

Edit: And don't remind me of the no stack rule, this thing is basically only a 2x12 15watt combo, with flexibility.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
So my dad asked me what kind of combo tube amp is the best if you are just playing around in the house. I've never really played combo tube amps, even though I've been playing for 20+ years. He plays thrash metal/hard rock. Anyways, his price range is between 500-700 bucks. And don't be talking about stacks because he REALLY doesn't need one of those... I can't really tell him what to buy because I'm not very educated in combo amps... I'm just a guitar technician...
Okay, let me get the straight...

YOU have been playing for over twenty years.

YOUR FATHER plays thrash metal/hard rock.

Have I got that right?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Have I got that right?

Why not?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
lol, that is kinda the reverse of the typical music tastes...but I would look into Peavey. The 6505 and the Triple X are both great combos for metal. You may need to kinda expand your budget, but its worth it.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by eddiehimself
Why not?
Not impossible, but certainly unexpected.

Unless TS started playing at age 2 or something, 20 years of playing puts him at an age where he could easily have children himself. So I asked, having a bit of curiosity about
"Grandpa" playing thrash-metal.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Have I got that right?

Yes
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Not impossible, but certainly unexpected.

Unless TS started playing at age 2 or something, 20 years of playing puts him at an age where he could easily have children himself. So I asked, having a bit of curiosity about
"Grandpa" playing thrash-metal.

I'm 29...
one of my best friend is a hell of a drummer, he started at 5, now he's 25, not common that's true but not impossible.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals