hi,
im looking to buy a new amp soon, was fair set on something like the peavey 6505, but tonight i came across a new 09 model called the 3120... does anyone know what its like in comparison to the 6505? and which would be better for metalcore/metal/hardcore kinda stuff
thanks
Never heard of it TBH.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
The 3120 is the new Triple X, Peavey made a few cosmetic changes to the amp, and replaced the stock power tubes with EL34, over 6l6, both amps can run ethier tube, no curcitry changes, only the Stock tubes. The 3120 is a much more versatile amp than the 6505, the cleans a better and its capabable of more styles of music. The 3120 works well for hardcore and metal, but it voiced way different than the 6505, its a much brighter and fuller sounding amp, but it lack a little of the rawness of 6505. A B both amps and get which one you like the best, personally think the 3120 is a better sounding amp, its more versatile, and the cleans very are useable, the od channels are a bit to gainy but they are both tamable and can get a really nice Plexi type OD to hotroded british stack with the right Eqing.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
The 3120 is the new Triple X, Peavey made a few cosmetic changes to the amp, and replaced the stock power tubes with EL34, over 6l6, both amps can run ethier tube, no curcitry changes, only the Stock tubes. The 3120 is a much more versatile amp than the 6505, the cleans a better and its capabable of more styles of music. The 3120 works well for hardcore and metal, but it voiced way different than the 6505, its a much brighter and fuller sounding amp, but it lack a little of the rawness of 6505. A B both amps and get which one you like the best, personally think the 3120 is a better sounding amp, its more versatile, and the cleans very are useable, the od channels are a bit to gainy but they are both tamable and can get a really nice Plexi type OD to hotroded british stack with the right Eqing.

i was gonna say 6505=/= 3120 but you did an excellent comparison of it.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
^+1 to both above posts

Cleans are better on the 3120/XXX

doesn't necessarily have 'less' gain like most people say...just a different kind of gain. But, as said above...its voiced differently than the 6505
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jul 17, 2009,