Heres the deal, our guitarist/singer broke his leg. Almost crushed really, it went into 20 pieces. He is gonna be wearing a cast at least until mid-December. The thing is, we have 2, possibly 3 gigs lined up in August. Can you see our predicament?
So what I was thinking is, we get him a nice comfy chair and suport for his leg, and he can play sitting down. It could even work as some kind of wierd atraction to have an injured guitarist. But what worries me is the singing part. Yeah, he can sing and play sitting down, but that would screw up the stage presence. The basist is already pretty inactive during shows, so it was kinda up to us to make the stage live. I was thinking that he could take all the lead parts in our songs, and i could take up all the vocal work, since we exchange on those parts all the time. Maybe even get the basist to sing something. So, any thoughts, suggestions, advice?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
20 pieces? how the **** did he do that?
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Quote by gorkyporky
I was thinking that he could take all the lead parts in our songs, and i could take up all the vocal work, since we exchange on those parts all the time. Maybe even get the basist to sing something.

I think that's a good idea, providing the bassist can sing decently enough.
Our guitarist played about 5 gigs with us when he had a broken leg. He sat or leant against the edge of the drum riser for most of the gigs but also played sat on an office chair with castors on, which I of course wheeled him all over the stage with while he did his solos.

It really wasn't a problem because the audiences could see that he had a cast on and appreciated that we still played the gig rather than cancel.
I think you should stick him in a wheelchair and then get a person to push him around the stage
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Break a guitar on his cast as the grand finale! and heres your chance to shine take up the stage presence... ITs totally your chance to do the windmill, play behind your back and pull a dime bag *spring board off the monitor/amp/riser w/e* and fling picks into the audience!
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
It wont mess up your stage presence. Lack of movement and inability to move are different.
Definitely don't cancel - you'd be amazed at the amount of energy that can come from someone sitting down (look at any good drummer!) Have him in a wheelchair at the front of the stage, have someone wheel him around for comic effect, and yeah, make sure you and the bassist are really trying to add to the show.

People will remember it, and won't be upset that he was sitting down - they may even respect the band more for trying harder.
Make it seem like he is in intense pain and that they need to be extra awesome so that he forgets about it.
Ok, i just have to clear it whith him, as soon as he gets out of the hospital. We will se how this works at band practice.

Quote by prison sex
20 pieces? how the **** did he do that?

He crashed his moped into a car and got his leg sandwiched in between.
Quote by gorkyporky
Ok, i just have to clear it whith him, as soon as he gets out of the hospital. We will se how this works at band practice.

He crashed his moped into a car and got his leg sandwiched in between.

Of course, it all depends on how much pain he's in, just because people have played gigs with a broken leg, that doesn't mean that you should try and talk him into it if he's in extreme pain, which I should imagine he would be after such a bad break.

There are always painkillers of course, but they can affect playing.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
that doesn't mean that you should try and talk him into it if he's in extreme pain

He should simply because he was riding a moped
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
He should simply because he was riding a moped

Nah, for that he should be fired for 'behaviour detrimental to the band's image.'
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 17, 2009,
Every band should have this rule: You can only get injured while doing something incredibly cool. Penalties for uncool accidents: 1st offense, merciless ribbing. 2nd, suspended 30 days without pay. 3rd, termination.

Really, I hope he does well. Man, that's gotta hurt. If he's up to it, do the gigs. Have some fun with it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Our guitarist played about 5 gigs with us when he had a broken leg. He sat or leant against the edge of the drum riser for most of the gigs but also played sat on an office chair with castors on, which I of course wheeled him all over the stage with while he did his solos.

It really wasn't a problem because the audiences could see that he had a cast on and appreciated that we still played the gig rather than cancel.

haha that is awesome, do something like that or put him in some fancy as chair dressed as sherlock holmes or someone posh as a joke.
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Ween brought in a stool for dean ween's broken leg.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Get the bassist to prance around some more then just play the shows like you would but with him in a wheel chair.
***Short Sig***
Put him in a hospital gurney, run an IV of pure morphine into his bloodstream, and get him out on stage. Have a topless midget push him and his gurney around, or feed a donkey laxitives and have it drag the gurney around the stage.

Problem Solved.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
all you need is vicodin and shop mobility scooters not just him all of you

but you have to see whether he is in a fit state to actually play the songs if hes out of i on pain meds or just in too much pain he may not even want to do it
however if he does then sitting him down wouldnt effect the quality of the gig
people would admire you even trying to play a gig and see it as determined
also if you put your bassist next to your injured guitarist then they might think hes not moving around so as not to bash into you guitarist

good luck
sooooooo, i just found out that he is gonna be on the hospital until the 30th, and we have a gig on 16th. The good news is that when i mentioned that we will probably have to cancel some gigs, he just said "**** that, were playin!". Good news i gues Now we just have to iron out the details of whos gonna sing, how we are getting him on the stage, and where to get fireworks for his wheelchar.
Get that bitch out there. Put him in a padded chair, give him his equipment, and tell him to man up and play. Then the rest of make up for the missing stage presence.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!