So i just recently started using my sisters mackbook to record as shes on holidays. I'm new to this and apples so I gave it a go and encountered some problems.

This is how i did it

i made a video of me playing the bass cover while listening to the song through the headphones

Then when i was done i added the video to my project and added the song to the mix

The problem is it isnt in sync and when it starts synced it seems to go out of time a bit halfway through the song even though i was playing with the exact same song.

any help with using iMovie? How to keep it in sync and help editing, im rather horrible at this

thanks and sorry if theres a sticky im missing, i read the rules one
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
any help guys?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
If the video files you want to use are on a DVD, then you may have some problems. If the video was written as a movie (DVD Player opens when you insert the disc into the Mac) then you won't be able to just copy it off. If the video was burned as a regular .mov file or something else, you should be able to either drag it off of the disc to the desktop or import it all into iMovie. cheap spy sunglasses Melbourne Solicitors If you are using MiniDV tapes with this Sony camcorder, iMovie should allow you to import directly from the camera, provided you have a FireWire port and cable. I have done this many times before, and like many programs and cameras, the only drawback is it imports in real time, so you'll have to wait/watch the clips as they are copied. If you're not using MiniDV tapes, have some other kind of camcorder, let us know. And what happened to the original video (before you put it on the DVD)? If that's gone, there may be some more issues. Provide us with more information, such as the type of Sony camera you have, what type of Mac you are using, what OS is on the Mac, and the version of iMovie. To find out about the Mac, click the Apple at the top-left of the screen. Select "About This Mac" to find the CPU type and OS version. For iMovie, click "iMovie" at the top of the screen as well, and click on "About iMovie". Software version should be listed. It helps to know this because iMovie is different from its predecessor, iMovie HD. Another way to differentiate between iMovie versions is the dock icon. Is it a blue icon or a yellow star? Let us know how you get on.