After quite a bit of calling, reading, etc. I've pretty much decided on the BC Rich ASM Pro, but definitely want to test it without being locked into buying. I've found the guitar online for $629.99, so with Guitar Center's price match, it goes down to ~$567 (for a neck-thru, ofr, emgs , and 24 frets ) but I don't want to be stuck with it if I absolutely hate it, or even dislike one quirky thing about it. I've read stories about losing the warantee on a price match because of marked "as-is" when matched, and also the "open box return" policy with a restocking fee. This would have to be a special order, as not a single GC that I called in the New England area has one in stock.
Other concerns: I'm not quite sure how these things come set up from the factory, how would I go about asking for a free setup (preferably at the place of my choice, with them reimbursing me)
Is it possible at all to talk them down even more on a special order?
Could I get them to order it, so that I can try without buying, then buy if I do like it?

And if anyone has any more caveats, please let me know.
Thanks
Jeff
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
I'm from the UK so I've never been to a GC but I'd go in and tell them I'm interesting in the BC Rich and could they get one in for you to test. Chances are they will. As for the free set up, they should do that if you're nice - but re-embersing you for getting a set up somewhere else? I'd tell you to take a hike.

Asking to try it doesn't mean you will buy it - you'd be quite entitled to turn round and say it's just 'not quite right'.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
I used to work at the one in Boston and I gotta tell you, there's little chance of any of that happening. They try not to do things if there's no guaranteed money. Some of the staff are cool, but for the most part they're not. Especially since the new manager took over and shook things up.

The guy they have do repairs and set ups is really good though.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
If you go to the store and they order it online in-store and you don't like it you can return it to the store insteaad of dealing with the online crap.
Quote by jeffc313

Buying from Guitar Center, things to do/avoid?

Yeah, try to avoid walking in to one

I don't know if you're comitted to buying it if it's a special order.

Honestly, any shop can order me something and if I still don't like it, I won't buy it.

As for the setup, I don't know if I misread this, but did you ask if you can get a setup at the place of your choice and have GC reimburse you? Like another poster said, I would tell you to take a hike.

Now if you do buy it from GC, they should do a setup on it free of charge.

And as for going lower. Well, you already did the price match so don't know if you really wanna push it...
Quote by MetalHead916
Yeah, try to avoid walking in to one

I don't know if you're comitted to buying it if it's a special order.

Honestly, any shop can order me something and if I still don't like it, I won't buy it.

As for the setup, I don't know if I misread this, but did you ask if you can get a setup at the place of your choice and have GC reimburse you? Like another poster said, I would tell you to take a hike.

Now if you do buy it from GC, they should do a setup on it free of charge.

And as for going lower. Well, you already did the price match so don't know if you really wanna push it...

+1 to EVERYTHING he just said
Once you get the guitar, sit down and play it for a while. Avoid looking lost or hesitant, and avoid eye contact with a salesperson if you don't need or want help. Kindly decline or accept assistance as needed when offered.

As for a setup, I'm 99.99% sure they won't offer to reimburse you for getting one somewhere else.
well, they wanted a 25% down payment on a special order. I asked if they plan on getting one in soon so that I dont have to special order, he said probably within a week or two, and I left my phone #.
seriously? a 25% down payment, its not like the guitar would never sell if I backed out, and its not custom or anything.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
yeah i about ordered my tele from gc cus they said it be couple weeks before they got sunburst, but i had to go in one day like a week later and they had it...and i bought it

just wait till they get it in, without order, try it out, & if you like, ask for a setup & buy
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
They will not budge on orders if you price match. I tried to purchase some kind of epi G-400 from them, and I was able to price-match it down to 300 something, and they would not accept any coupons after the price match. If you expect to talk them down after a price match you are greatly mistaken.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke