hey, i have a marshall valvestate 8080 combo, and im gonna be playing shows soon, and a lot of them have cabinets to use. unfortunately, i can't take advantage of these cabinets since my combo doesn't have an external speaker jack. does anybody know how i could install one? thanks
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
why do you need an external cabinet?

surely if they have spare cabs to use then they will be able to mic up your amp?
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
^that's true, but i'm still interested in being able to hook up to a cabinet for more projection
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Just unsolder the two wires from the speaker, drill a hole for a speaker jack in the case, put the jack in place and tighten it down and then solder the Wires to the jack.

Hot to Hot, and Ground to Ground.

EDIT: Fixed it up a bit
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by Little_Buster
Just unsolder the two wires from the speaker, drill a hole for a speaker jack and solder the Wires to the jack.

Hot to Hot, and Ground to Ground.
drill a hole in what?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
drill a hole in what?

The case itself
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Tempoe
I would assume he want his 2-12" to work as well.

Then he'd have to wire it to use a Neutrik Jack.
Ive got the schematic for it on my other computer, Give me a sec and i'll post it.

EDIT:
Nevermind I did have it on this comp.
Quote by letsgocoyote
Last edited by Little_Buster at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by Little_Buster
Then he'd have to wire it to use a Neutrik Jack.
Ive got the schematic for it on my other computer, Give me a sec and i'll post it.

EDIT:
Nevermind I did have it on this comp.

seems fair enough, so i just disconnect the red and black wires from the combo speaker and hook them up to the jack?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Jul 17, 2009,
If your just going for a standard jack then yes,
If your going for the neutrik jack follow the diagram above.
Quote by letsgocoyote
^well yeah, the diagram explains HOW to hook up the wires to the jack, right? or am i missing out on something?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
It shows how to hook them up to a neutrik jack.
To hook them up to a standard 1/4 jack all you do is connect the hot wire to the hot lug, and the ground wire to the ground lug.
Quote by letsgocoyote
^alright, thanks, this looks pretty easy to do, should this jack work: http://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-NYS212-Mono-Jack-Switched/dp/B0008IV5EE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247846476&sr=8-6 or should i get a "non-switched" jack
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Jul 17, 2009,
on second thought, i'm not sure about something. do i need to get more wires, because it looks like there are wires that go out from the jack into the combo speaker. and is there a difference between doing it on a regular jack and a neutrik jack? sorry, i really don't know much about this particular subject
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
THe regular jack is just a jack.
The neutrik jack acts as a SPST switch, which means, if you dont have anything plugged into it, it'll run on the combo speaker, but if you have a cabinet plugged in it'll power that.
As for the wires, im not sure can you get a pic?
Quote by letsgocoyote
^what i mean is, on the diagram, it says that there are wires that go out of the jack into the combo speaker,do i need to buy extra wires for that?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Yes, you'll need extra wire.
If your using that diagram you can just unsolder the wires from the speaker, solder them to the jack the get new wires and solder them from the jack to the speaker itself.
Quote by letsgocoyote