Page 1 of 2
I'm a guitarist/basist looking to start/join an online band.
I'm currently a guitarist in a band, but the stuff we play is kind of dark and heavy, so I thought it'd be nice to do something a little softer/more experimental etc. I've never been in an online band but I thought it would be nice to try it out, if it doesnt work then no worries, but if it does then great!

I'm inspired by most music, check my profile for some of my fav bands and i'm looking to play something different, soft/heavy/fast/slow all mixed in (just nothing too heavy or repetitive). Stuff like Doves, Bloc Party, A Silent Film with a twist of At the Drive-In, Mars Volta, Muse and any other genre thrown in to make something different.

I'm comfortable on either bass or guitar but i'd like to stick to bass for this project ideally as my guitars need to be repaired

I'm looking for anyone whos interested in the same kinda stuff so let me know. As for recording I just plug my bass into my PC and I could always record a cover or 2 just to let you hear what it sounds like, nothing special but it gets the job done. I don't know proper theory either but I know what sounds good!

Well there we go, thanks for reading, please get in touch!
Thanks
I might be interested. My qualifications are in this thread (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159480)

If you are interested, PM me. You might want to post there as well .

MGS3SEdit: Might want to add I play guitar.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Last edited by MetalGS3SE at Jul 17, 2009,
an online band?
how does it work?
sounds intresting
i play guitar, maybe i could help you.
but i am influenced by an other musikstyle (guns´n´roses, acdc, buckcherry, and some akkustik stuff)
have you got icq or msn os skype?
mb addy
Quote by MrAddy
an online band?
how does it work?
sounds intresting
i play guitar, maybe i could help you.
but i am influenced by an other musikstyle (guns´n´roses, acdc, buckcherry, and some akkustik stuff)
have you got icq or msn os skype?
mb addy

Holy shiite you can't Spell!!!

but i'm intrigued...
i play guitar/sing and can do so at the same time so if you need a frontman tell me
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I might be interested. My qualifications are in this thread (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159480)

If you are interested, PM me. You might want to post there as well .

MGS3SEdit: Might want to add I play guitar.

I saw your thread, it's a good idea! I was gonna post there but thought I had too much information to include

Quote by tukk04
i play guitar/sing and can do so at the same time so if you need a frontman tell me

Could definetly do with some vocals A few guitarists have messaged me so if you wanna do vocals for now then thats great, depending on the sound we could try 3 guitars? lol we can see anyway

As for drums - I had a PM about a guitarist who can add some drums, or maybe we can find a drummer eventually. Also depending on style, maybe some keyboard?
Quote by rko
Could definetly do with some vocals A few guitarists have messaged me so if you wanna do vocals for now then thats great, depending on the sound we could try 3 guitars? lol we can see anyway

As for drums - I had a PM about a guitarist who can add some drums, or maybe we can find a drummer eventually. Also depending on style, maybe some keyboard?

What style? Cause that will probably be the deciding factor for me joining...
I'm logging off now but i'll check back sometime tommorrow
Quote by tukk04
What style? Cause that will probably be the deciding factor for me joining...
I'm logging off now but i'll check back sometime tommorrow

Ermmmm......Alternative?
I'm not sure yet guess we'll have to wait and see who else is interested, anyway no pressure just let me know and thanks for getting in touch
I might be interested. I play classic rock and mostly metal but I'm into the experimental stuff. I would want to write really intricate songs and. We could have slow melodic intros and also fast paced solos. I have drum loops for the music. I don't really like alternative music though. I think we should do some really slow stuff and then keep increasing the tempo. I play lead guitar btw but I can play rythem. Send me an email and well discuss.
Hockey39boy39@gmail.com
Quote by {MetalShredder}
I might be interested. I play classic rock and mostly metal but I'm into the experimental stuff. I would want to write really intricate songs and. We could have slow melodic intros and also fast paced solos. I have drum loops for the music. I don't really like alternative music though. I think we should do some really slow stuff and then keep increasing the tempo. I play lead guitar btw but I can play rythem. Send me an email and well discuss.
Hockey39boy39@gmail.com

Hmmm i'm not really into fast solos, and liking alternative music would help
I've been doing synth work for close to three years, so I'm sure that could help.

I also play guitar, bass, and banjo.

PM me if your interested
Quote by Evan360
I've been doing synth work for close to three years, so I'm sure that could help.

I also play guitar, bass, and banjo.

PM me if your interested

Well I would like to add some Synth/keyboard etc so that would be good if you're interested

Quote by xxCausexAxScene
ooh, well if you want a girl as your singer, I'm available (:
Well if you like similiar music and are interested then that's all that really matters to me
Well hey I sent you a PM with more of my qualifications. I'm really interested in this.
Instruments:
1972 Fender Telecaster Thinline Semi-Hollow Reissue
Epiphone SG Special II
Squire Affinity P Bass
Squire Fretless Jazz Bass
Pirles Banjo
Quote by rko
Awesome
What kind of stuff you into then?

I enjoy listening to all types of music. I've recently found myself listening to a lot of classical, rap, and blues.

I play reggae, ska, dub, punk, blues, and alternative rock.

Do you have AIM, MSN, or Skype? It'd be much easier to talk
Instruments:
Epiphone SG Special II
Squire Affinity P Bass
Pirles Banjo
how would an online band work? can someone explain this to me please cause that would be cool but i cant figure out how that would work.
i could play like eric clapton if i had his gear...anyone could
Quote by GypsyFire
how would an online band work? can someone explain this to me please cause that would be cool but i cant figure out how that would work.

Record your part, send it to the others until the song is done basically
Quote by rko
Record your part, send it to the others until the song is done basically

Not to get into your business or anything, but the best way to do this is to have each person record their part as a seperate track and then remix them all together into a song.

Just trying to be helpfull!
I do recording and mixing work with small artists in the area, so I think I can lend a hand on that end too.
Instruments:
Epiphone SG Special II
Squire Affinity P Bass
Pirles Banjo
Quote by BigDC
Not to get into your business or anything, but the best way to do this is to have each person record their part as a seperate track and then remix them all together into a song.

yeah I know
erhgeiz@hotmail.com

I'm usually on, so if you see me hit me up
Instruments:
Epiphone SG Special II
Squire Affinity P Bass
Pirles Banjo
Quote by muckypup
I have a AIM account if that is any use, i'm muckypup1 on there.

I only use MSN anyway you could get MSN? If not I could use AIM even though I don't really like it
If anyone is still interested PM either RKO or me. We're looking for a drummer currently.
Instruments:
Epiphone SG Special II
Squire Affinity P Bass
Pirles Banjo
Last edited by Evan360 at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by BigDC

BONUS TIP: let the drummer start and he/she gives you the drum track. just to keep it in beat.
****!!!..

por que nadie habla español!!!

...Si te interesa...(y me entiendes)

Responde!!!
Quote by GisleAune
BONUS TIP: let the drummer start and he/she gives you the drum track. just to keep it in beat.

Metronomes work just fine. You can layer the drums after.
Instruments:
Epiphone SG Special II
Squire Affinity P Bass
Pirles Banjo
Quote by muckypup
I hope that this works and doesn't fall apart like so many online bands do.

Hey if youre still interested then all we would need really is a vocalist unless we want additional guitars. You got MSN sorted yet?
Quote by muckypup
No, i couldn't get it to work, the page got stuff. I will try again today to join though. And yeah, i'm still interested in joining, this could be awesome.

Alright thats cool! I might post another thread just to find a vocalist then we're sorted with everything we need, I can always add acoustic guitars or once i get my guitars fixed add a few parts if needed
RKO, have you gotten the bass recorded yet for the Adventure. I've got the synths remixed on it, sounds pretty sick. I'm ready to record the guitar parts once you have the bass...though a second player would be nice.

I've played the song live a few times so I can possibly do the vocals on it.
Instruments:
Epiphone SG Special II
Squire Affinity P Bass
Pirles Banjo
I'm a drummer (programmed and for real), guitarist, bassist, sing, and I compose A LOT of keyboards/synths/piano.

see my profile I wrote all the songs by programming and with a keyboard. except Give/Mend which shows my awful production quality at the moment xD just gets a little tricky with my situation to have good drums recorded and a good sound. But I'm moving so it will all be worked out.
Quote by rockfan7
I'm a drummer (programmed and for real), guitarist, bassist, sing, and I compose A LOT of keyboards/synths/piano.

see my profile I wrote all the songs by programming and with a keyboard. except Give/Mend which shows my awful production quality at the moment xD just gets a little tricky with my situation to have good drums recorded and a good sound. But I'm moving so it will all be worked out.

We have a drummer right now (me) but if you're willing to do either an extra guitar or vocals we can definitely ft you in. Just wait here for a post back from Rko or message him directly.
Page 1 of 2