I'll buy this, but before I do, do you have any opinions? Any bad things to say? Any better effects? Btw, I don't have any effect boxes yet.
Thanks
It's an awesome pedal for the price, with some damn good effects. There's room for improvement with the overdrive/distortion patches though. Some reasonable soft overdrives, and a good metal tone, but otherwise they aren't great. The other effects all basically sound awesome.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
it's solid for a cheap multi effects, but what other gear will you be using it with? you need a good amp first.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
then it'd be a decent buy, but if you only need a few effects then go for single pedals.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
then it'd be a decent buy, but if you only need a few effects then go for single pedals.

What, the G1 or G2?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I have the G2.1u and it's a great pedal especially for in the studio

how does the usb work?
What do you mean?

And also I have it and I'm probably not the best person to ask since I used it with a modelling amp (I was a noob) but its ok for your first foray into effects but you get what you pay for, a single decent pedal costs the same.....

Basically if you want a good all round relatively cheap mult-fx pedal then get it but don't get it if you only use a couple of effects.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by demitriv
What do you mean?

And also I have it and I'm probably not the best person to ask since I used it with a modelling amp (I was a noob) but its ok for your first foray into effects but you get what you pay for, a single decent pedal costs the same.....

Basically if you want a good all round relatively cheap mult-fx pedal then get it but don't get it if you only use a couple of effects.

What I mean is is the G2 much better than the G1?
Go with the g2... Great pedal and its a good starting point to get you into pedals without bustin your wallet on stuff you dont like. I used to own one and really liked it, it also helped me greatly in finding my groove. So I knew what tones/pedals to look for and go towards in the future.
^ This guy.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Since you have a reasonably good tube amp I'd recommend a overdrive or distortion pedal and maybe a delay pedal. But if you just plan to use the Zoom G1 with headphones or use it with the amp only for delay, reverb, chorus etc. then go ahead. I've got the G1, the distortion isn't that great (the overdriven blackface model was pretty decent though), the clean settings are alright, the effects (delay, reverb etc.) are pretty decent. It's worth the 50 bucks i paid though .
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Go with the g2... Great pedal and its a good starting point to get you into pedals without bustin your wallet on stuff you dont like. I used to own one and really liked it, it also helped me greatly in finding my groove. So I knew what tones/pedals to look for and go towards in the future.

Thanks! : D
^ yeah comes with Cubase AI4 which is actually not too bad IMO but I would recommend Ableton over it. It just plugs straight into your computer via USB it's that simple plus it can also be powered by USB
Quote by demitriv

this ^
The Zoom G2.1u comes with Cubase and a USB port for recording.
The Zoom G2 has a line out (headphone port) which can be used for recording and it doesn't come with Cubase.
Again, sorry for being a noob, but do you get the 'guitar' sound when you record using the normal G2?
^ direct input sounds bad IMO but that's the same with most gear you'd be best to use the preamp out on your amp if it has one or just mic up your amp
Quote by Busterkid
Again, sorry for being a noob, but do you get the 'guitar' sound when you record using the normal G2?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but you can record with the normal G2. You can use the effects on the pedal while you're plugged into the line in of your PC soundcard. Just make sure you turn on the cabinet modeling feature on the G2 when you plug it into the computer.
Quote by the_wayward_one
I'm not quite sure what you're asking but you can record with the normal G2. You can use the effects on the pedal while you're plugged into the line in of your PC soundcard. Just make sure you turn on the cabinet modeling feature on the G2 when you plug it into the computer.

What I ment was do you get a lame, flat sound if you connect the normal g2 to a computer or do you get the same sound as if you were playing through an amp?

But I think you answered my question