I have a Schecter V-7 and sometimes when I go to do volume swells or just turn up my knob to the maximum position and there will be no sound coming out of my amp; however when I just tap the knob with my finger, it sounds completely normal. Could this be an issue with one of my pots and if so how do I go about fixing this? Thanks!
Quote by guitarman47
I have a Schecter V-7 and sometimes when I go to do volume swells or just turn up my knob to the maximum position and there will be no sound coming out of my amp; however when I just tap the knob with my finger, it sounds completely normal. Could this be an issue with one of my pots and if so how do I go about fixing this? Thanks!

i had the same problem, i would check the wiring first, make sure anything isnt accidentally grounding itself, then i would try pot cleaner, and if that doesnt work, your last option is to change the pot.

edit- the solution for mine was the pot was almost dead.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Sounds like the pot is twisting with the knob, and shorting to ground.

Remove knob, remove back panel, move pot clear of other wires/components, tighten nut on top of pot, put knob and back panel back on.

If this doesn't clear it up, time to break out the soldering iron!