I need an amp thats reasonably diverse since I play a few different styles with a few different giutars.

Firstly, I play modern alternative/ hard rock simlar to Disciple, Shinedown and the like. For this particualr genre I'm looking for a real tight mid-heavy tone, kind of like Metallica's on the new album and after they started using the Mesas.

The other genre is a little broader. Whatever you would list bands like Anberlin, The Classic Crime, and Falling Up under. I need a sound thats big on treble I suppose, but not the kind that makes it fel like your ears are about to bleed even though the volumes only on 1.

Ask some questions about the specifics, I know I'm terrible at describing the sound I want.

I play through an Ibanez RGR320EX for the heavier stuff, and a Nashvill Deluxe Tele for the other stuff.
I've been playing through a Crate 65W amp for the past year and a half or so, and I'm sure everyone here can sympathize, seeing as Crate amps are the like natures sick joke on the music industry.
line 6 amps giveso many effect/tone/sound combinations
they even hav certain artsists tone built into the amp
i use line 6 amps and they sound amazing
Quote by ibanezfreak42
line 6 amps giveso many effect/tone/sound combinations
they even hav certain artsists tone built into the amp
i use line 6 amps and they sound amazing

as long as they are not the Spiders
I'll be using the amp for gigging/ performing. Mostly small to medium venues, but I could mic it for larger ones at a push.
I used a Tubescreamer Turbo, some distortion pedal, and a Crybaby wah, but I ocassionally use a friends Line 6 delay, and I'll be getting more effects anyway.
As far as budget goes, I'd like a cheap one but I'm willing to dish out cash in the 6-700s if it's really worth it.
As far as the advice about Line 6 goes, I'm not really into the digital modeling thing, seeing as I'll be using mostly separate analog pedals. I've tried the Spiders too, and I'm not exactly a fan.
Quote by cscissorhands
I'm sure everyone here can sympathize, seeing as Crate amps are the like natures sick joke on the music industry.
You mean YOUR Crate amp. My Crate Vintage Club 20 is an awesome amp.

A Peavey Classic 30 is a good platform for running your pedals.
Last edited by fly135 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by fly135
You mean YOUR Crate amp. My Crate Vintage Club 20 is an awesome amp.

+1
Crate makes very good amps(the Palomino,Blackheart etc.), im guessing you have a Flexwave.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
well its not a flexwave i know that much. i guess its just that every crate amp ive happened to have any experience with has something wrong with it. or maybe theyre just cheap. i typically try to avoid solid state amps though, thats why im not a fan of line 6 or crate, although i guess there are always exceptions.
im just a bigger fan of the tube sound than solid state or modeling.
i dont quite remember but i think i played through a peavey classic 30 a few weeks ago and wasnt thrilled, i might be wrong about the model though. ill double check on that