my ideal guitar would be a fender showmaster, but they were discontinued this year and they're really hard to find in the UK. i've only found one site with one in stock.

anyway, the main reason i want this guitar is becasue it has

1. 24 frets
2. HH pickups (but i wouldn't mind HHS or HSS) and the ones that it comes with are S Duncans
3. a 2- point trem bridge
4. locking tuners
5. a 5 way selector switch.

so are there any other guitars with these kind of specs? i know the tuners can be brought later etc, but it would just be easier if it all came together.
thanks.

price range about £350-£450
for god sakes.... just save up and get a custom made guitar.
Then u can get all the **** your asking for, PLUS MORE!!
Quote by lukas1324
for god sakes.... just save up and get a custom made guitar.
Then u can get all the **** your asking for, PLUS MORE!!

but if he gets a stock one he could save like a few thousand.
Quote by i_am_skwerl
spec
Yes, I know a number of guitars that fit tha...

Oh. Well, no then. Double your budget, then you'll be able to get everything you want. At your current budget you're going to have to sacrifice a few features, especially locking tuners, a good vibrato bridge, you'll only be getting generic stock pickups and of course the woods used and general build quality aren't going to be up to par. So a basic HH or HSH super-Strat with a vibrato bridge and 24 frets is definitely possible at that price range. Ibanez, ESP, Schecter, Jackson, all make a ton of them. You need a much bigger budget for anything really decent or fancy though.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Schecter C-1 Classic...I just got mine and I'm in love. Only problem is that they're kard to get in the UK. I would suggest buying one used to fit your budget better.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Isn't that in the price range of most Ibanez Gios?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Yeah, a C-1 Classic is a few hundred pounds above his budget.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Yeah, a C-1 Classic is a few hundred pounds above his budget.

Not if he goes used.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
what about used rg570/550 ?
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC-1000
Ibanez 540S MIJ 1990
PodXT
Micro Cube
Quote by leftyace
Not if he goes used.
I really wish people would stop relying on this.

Yes, searching used can net you a great bargain.
On the other hand, it can takes you months to find someone selling the guitar you want, then there's the issue of whether it'll be in decent condition or not.

It's also not very applicable to Schecters, as they're not big-selling guitars in the UK in the first place so finding one for sale on the second hand market is fairly rare, let alone a specific model.
Quote by ragingkitty
Isn't that in the price range of most Ibanez Gios?

Uhh, I got my Ibanez Gio (new) for 150 ($)... I dunno what shop you're goin' to lol.

And TS, your best bet is probably a custom shop.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by MrFlibble
Oh. Well, no then. Double your budget, then you'll be able to get everything you want. At your current budget you're going to have to sacrifice a few features, especially locking tuners, a good vibrato bridge, you'll only be getting generic stock pickups and of course the woods used and general build quality aren't going to be up to par. So a basic HH or HSH super-Strat with a vibrato bridge and 24 frets is definitely possible at that price range. Ibanez, ESP, Schecter, Jackson, all make a ton of them. You need a much bigger budget for anything really decent or fancy though.

450 pounds is about 700 USD is it not? He wouldn't have to sacrifice everything, just a few things.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Quote by ComradeIronMan
450 pounds is about 700 USD is it not?
More around $760. Even so, that's not how it works. Shops here don't think "hey, that guitar is $760 in America, so that means we should sell it for £450". No, they think "this guitar is $760 in America... so we should sell it for £760 here".

Well, it's that plus we also have to pay VAT which is 15% of the base price plus distributors have to pay higher shipping and import fees for the UK which is normally around 10% of the declared value or more if it's a particular heavy or large shipment. So that's about 25% higher prices right off the bat, just to get it in our store shelves (it used to be 27.5% in fact). Then since the distributors are paying more to get the guitars int he country, the shops have to pay more to buy them in - then the shops have to increase their own markups to meet their normal profit margins. Basically us, the consumer, has to pay roughly 170-200% what America does, which just so happens to also be roughly the same as the conversion rate, which Is why I mention the whole $760 = £760 thing.

In short, when he says he has £450 to spend, think of that as being about $450 in terms of what guitars are actually available at that price point.
Quote by i_am_skwerl
my ideal guitar would be a fender showmaster, but they were discontinued this year and they're really hard to find in the UK. i've only found one site with one in stock.

anyway, the main reason i want this guitar is becasue it has

1. 24 frets
2. HH pickups (but i wouldn't mind HHS or HSS) and the ones that it comes with are S Duncans
3. a 2- point trem bridge
4. locking tuners
5. a 5 way selector switch.

so are there any other guitars with these kind of specs? i know the tuners can be brought later etc, but it would just be easier if it all came together.
thanks.

wait if you found the guitar you want with all the specs you need then why don't you just buy the guitar? and if you dare say it's too expensive then save your money.
I have a showmaster, find one and get it, theyre worth it.
- 1997 PRS CE24 - Raspberry -
- Peavey 6505+ 1x12 Combo -
- Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal -
- Digitech Digital Delay -
- Digitech Multi Chorus -