so last night I was out and about and decided to stop in to one of the shops in my city to have a look at a peavey classic 50 410 that they were selling in there. After staring at it for about 10 minutes I went on looking around the shop and as I was looking around i saw something that was very interesting. a peavey vintage with 410 from the 70's. I didn't have enough time to stop and play it so I went back this morning tried it out and well lets just say I now have a huge amp 100 watts as far as I can find on line info about it (if you know anything about it please let me know) and it sounds amazing clean haven't tried it overdriven or distorted yet , sorry for the blog heres some pics

sorry for the ****ty cell phone pics I don't have a camera
Is this the precursor to the Classic Series then? eg the amp the Classic is based on?

regardless, congrats!
Is that a combo amp, and does it have 4 speakers in it?? I can honestly say I've never seen that before lol.

I've actually never even heard of this amp but it looks very nice. HNAD!
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Is that a combo amp, and does it have 4 speakers in it?? I can honestly say I've never seen that before lol.

i believe there are some fender combos with 4 10's, as well. I wanna say Concert Reverb was one of them? not sure though. what are some other ones?

HNAD, TS
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
yes it has 4 10" speakers in it its a combo and i can't turn it louder then 4 without shaking the house, also I think it is the one that the classics are based off of but i am not to sure, before yesterday i had never herd of this amp
Quote by Bright Light
i believe there are some fender combos with 4 10's, as well. I wanna say Concert Reverb was one of them? not sure though. what are some other ones?

HNAD, TS

Super Reverb, Bassman, Fender DeVille, Concert Reverb.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR

Holy **** you are right! Haven't seen that before
HNAD
You should try looking it up on Harmony Central. Also, go to Peavey's website and put in the serial number to see if you can find the year on it. Looks AWESOME! Vintage Peaveys are THE best.

EDIT: My grandfather has a vintage Peavey TNT 100 bass amp from the 70's. It's a 4x10 combo too.
Last edited by RIPKurt67-94 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR

This is actually pretty common. I've wanted a Classic 50 410 for a while.

HNAD
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by MetalHead916
I've seen some combo amps with 4 10's.

Nice amp! How much did that set you back?

HNAD

550$ not to bad i thought for a good sounding amp thats loud as f***
Quote by lostjesse
550$ not to bad i thought for a good sounding amp thats loud as f***

Well, yeah, what would you expect from a 100 watt tube amp lol.

Also, that's pretty cheap for 100w, you are one lucky s.o.b.
Is it all tube? I know some of the earlier peavey stuff had SS preamps and tube power sections...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Is it all tube? I know some of the earlier peavey stuff had SS preamps and tube power sections...

I just assumed it was tube since its from the 70s
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I just assumed it was tube since its from the 70s

70s... You are probably right, but I dunno, in the late 70s through the 80s and 90s, Peavey did a lot of toying around with ss power amps on tube pres and vice versa.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
70s... You are probably right, but I dunno, in the late 70s through the 80s and 90s, Peavey did a lot of toying around with ss power amps on tube pres and vice versa.

This is true. If I was TS, though, I'd like to think my new amp was all tube

hmmm... don't you have your own NAD to celebrate?
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
This is true. If I was TS, though, I'd like to think my new amp was all tube

hmmm... don't you have your own NAD to celebrate?

Not necessarily, I've heard some really great sounding Peaveys from that era, I can't remember if they were ss->tube or tube->ss though...

And yes, I do, but I've already been posting about it for 3 weeks so...

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i got told when i need to re tube it that i'm gonna need preamp tubes as well but i have not opened it up to look yet
Quote by lostjesse
i got told when i need to re tube it that i'm gonna need preamp tubes as well but i have not opened it up to look yet

You shouldn't have to open it up, you should see tubes hanging down from the chassis. Look for 4(?) tubes about 2.5 inches long and probably 3(?) tubes about 1.5 inches long. The bigger being the power. If you have both, it's all tube, if just one kind it's hybrid.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
ok all i see is the 4 power tubes ( 6L6's) but i do not see any pre amp tubes but every thing i have read so far say's that i'll need some so i don't know haha i don't see any so i am going to guess that its a SS pre amp when i get a camera off someone i'll take pics of the inside cab and the tubes
Quote by lostjesse
ok all i see is the 4 power tubes ( 6L6's) but i do not see any pre amp tubes but every thing i have read so far say's that i'll need some so i don't know haha i don't see any so i am going to guess that its a SS pre amp when i get a camera off someone i'll take pics of the inside cab and the tubes

They are probably encased in little metal cylinders that look almost like 'C' batteries... Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there, either. They could be back behind the transformers, or something like that...

Have faith in what we cannot see...

/potshotatreligion
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Congrats on the amp, TS! It looks great and I bet it sounds wicked.
SS amps were a lot better back in the day compared to how they are now. Hybrids were also very, very good, like most Musicman amps for example.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^ Tru.

Congrats on that secksi tweed beast you have there, nice score.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
If it sounds good who cares about the toobs. Sweet find, HNAD.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
thanks guys yeah its sweet tomorrow i'm putting my distortion 3 in front of it to see how it sounds
awesome man! crank that **** and have fun
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah