So my friend Pat just recently offered me a position in a gig on August 7th at a small venue. I dont know how many pple will be there but i do know that my fender blues jr amp isnt gonna be loud enough

I really need to get my hands on a gig amp and none of my friends will let me use theirs :/..

We are gonna play Hard rock/ rock music but i dunno the exact songs yet. anyway
I am using a gibson les paul studio faded.

I am gonna have to sell the blues jr rlly fast and get some money out of it then ill have my work paycheck which will be about $110

soo my budget is unknown prolly about 300-400 bucks if im lucky..

HELP!!!
Roland Cube, Its f*cking loud!
I had a show in a massive gym, barley needed it passed quarter way... true story.
Originally posted by PedroLesPaulVM
"My guitar is always in tune because all the tuning heads face the same way."

LOL
mic up your blues jr, if there is a pa. Other then that I can't think of anything good in that budget other then various used tube amps
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
If it's a small venue as you describe it, a blues junior would be loud enough. How small is small, and do you need pristine cleans?
uhh well he just told me its a medium gig around 100 pple and ill be playing mostly distortion

he also told me 60 watts of tube power isnt loud enough... im liek wtf.... rlly
my blues jr cant go into heavy distortion lolol and i dont even know if they have a pa system
Quote by Powerstrike
uhh well he just told me its a medium gig around 100 pple and ill be playing mostly distortion

he also told me 60 watts of tube power isnt loud enough... im liek wtf.... rlly

Your friend is a mug. 60 watts of tube power is insanely powerful, that's stadium **** that is.

I wouldn't call 100 people a medium sized gig...
Quote by gurg06
just mic up the blues jnr.

+1

I've played small clubs (200-300) with an un-mic'd Blues Jr. They're pretty loud.
Quote by Powerstrike
So my friend Pat just recently offered me a position in a gig on August 7th at a small venue. I dont know how many pple will be there but i do know that my fender blues jr amp isnt gonna be loud enough

I really need to get my hands on a gig amp and none of my friends will let me use theirs :/..

We are gonna play Hard rock/ rock music but i dunno the exact songs yet. anyway
I am using a gibson les paul studio faded.

I am gonna have to sell the blues jr rlly fast and get some money out of it then ill have my work paycheck which will be about $110

soo my budget is unknown prolly about 300-400 bucks if im lucky..

HELP!!!

Does the gig pay that much? If not, I'd turn it down or have your buddy pay for a rental rig.
You underestimate the Blues Jr. If the AC15 was loud enough to play clubs in England before the AC30 came out and the old 15-25W 1950's tweed Fenders were loud enough for bar rooms, then a 15W tube amp will do a gig fine. If you need more volume, at that point it's assumable the venue would have a PA, just mic it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Powerstrike
im not sure the blues jr and my metalcore pedal will sound great live lol

Mine did fine for a small theater. With the preamp on 12(It was one song, so I just needed a specific sound, which wasn't a clean sound) and the master on three. As for the Metalcore, that's your call with EQing and everything. But volume-wise it'll do fine, as it will tone-wise by itself.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by ze monsta
Your friend is a mug. 60 watts of tube power is insanely powerful, that's stadium **** that is.

I wouldn't call 100 people a medium sized gig...

+1

I had to put an attenuator on my old rig (50W Marshall Combo) to play a small club (300 people). My main rig these days is an 18W Suhr Badger. I normally don't consider amps above 20-30W as they're all too loud for anything other than an arena or an outside festival without a PA.
I'm sure both of those would be perfectly fine. I would look at used stuff too. You can find AC30s used in your price range pretty easily. If you went with the valve king used you'd have cash left over as well.
if your on a budget get the b-52, its much better then the valveking in pretty much every way.

or look for a used peavey classic 30

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The Vox AC30 can definitely do hard rock (even more so if you have an OD ala and OCD). I would go for that if you were getting a new amp for rock.