so i was wonderin if fender tube amps are any good
also if their solid states are any good that good help
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Usually, most tube amps will be better than solid states. But it depends on what you play-- especially with a Fender. Do they have a website so that we could see what they carry?

EDIT: What all would you use it for? What is your budget? Do you have to buy it from that store? If so, are you sure that there are only Fender tube amps there?
Last edited by RIPKurt67-94 at Jul 17, 2009,
Fender tubes are normally pretty good with cleans. HOWEVER, you may need some pedals if you're looking for good overdrive/distortion.
well the place doesnt have a website, and since i live in lebanon its my only option, theres another good store i know but i dont think they stock tube amps
would fender tubes work with "bluesy" overdrive? cos if i wanted to get a fender tube amp id use it for blues and get something more powerful for metal
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I have a Fender amp and a Mesa Boogie, The fender has the best clean sounds you´ll ever hear, and yes pedals for distortion are needed if you are looking for some heavier sounds.
I would buy the fender they are top of the line amps. In my mp3´s are some recordings done with a fender, have a listen you might like it.
can they do blues without a pedal??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
In general, no, unless you crank them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
ok thanks for the advice
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
However, Fender tube amps sound gorgeous and take pedals extremely well. You can easily cop blues tones (they are commonly used for blues) with any decent overdrive pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Fender tubes have great cleans, but it depends on what you like as far as clean tones.
What specific models are you looking at? If you want something with great, bluesy, overdrive look at a Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb or any Tweed models. They do need to be turned up loud though for them to break up. But otherwise, people in this thread are seriously underrating the overdrive of a GOOD Fender amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Mq6yrhQvg

There is a great demo of what a Deluxe Reverb sounds like wound all the way up. It sounds sick, but that is literally turning the volume to 10, which not everyone can reasonably do that in their homes or onstage...

I will say this about Fender amps though, they're really transparent, they amplify the natural tone of your guitar really well, and if you're using a crap guitar or crap pickups, you'll hear it. But stick a les paul with a good of PAF style pickups in front of it and they sound really awesome.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by al112987
What specific models are you looking at? If you want something with great, bluesy, overdrive look at a Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb or any Tweed models. They do need to be turned up loud though for them to break up. But otherwise, people in this thread are seriously underrating the overdrive of a GOOD Fender amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Mq6yrhQvg

There is a great demo of what a Deluxe Reverb sounds like wound all the way up. It sounds sick, but that is literally turning the volume to 10, which not everyone can reasonably do that in their homes or onstage...

But that's poweramp overdrive, we were talking about their preamp overdrives that just suck most of the time, like on the HRD
You turn your amp to 10 and you think that all you're hearing is poweramp overdrive?

I mean, it's the exact same kind of overdrive that you'd get from say... a vintage Marshall, just turning the volume up.

The HRD's overdrive, preamp and power amp, sucks, but that's really because it's a HRD, and they just sound bad overdriven, not because it's a Fender.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 18, 2009,
Yes, Fender tube amps are great for blues. What models are you looking at?

Pro junior, blues junior, along with what al said. If it doesn't have master volume and you feel the need, get one of those volume boxes (if the amp has a loop) and make it a faux-master volume.

A tweed will break up very early and give some great bluesy tones, especially if you drop a weber 12a125 or another low-efficiency speaker in it
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
In general, no, unless you crank them.

I'd disagree, purely on the grounds of there not being a distinguished blues sound imo. The cleans are usually good on Fender's, the natural overdriven tones also being good, but this means volume, which isn't always such a great thing, hence the overdrive pedals. But it would do SRV, BB King, Freddie King kinda tones easily on it's own.
Quote by soloXshredder
can they do blues without a pedal??

Sure. Ive seen it done on a 64 Fender Super reverb, and done it on a few smaller amps.

On the clean channel.

Crank the amp to 10. Crank your guitar to 0. Slowly slide the guitar up until you hear a bluesy overdriven tube feel. Its not crunchy, but its bluesy
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Fenders are great for blues, my deluxe reverb (1980) is the sweetest !!!!!!!!!!!!