Anyone know some songs that have a Major chord that falls to Minor. I know a few but i wanna know more.
JAKE
when september ends by green day

thats the most obvious that comes to mind for me

EDIT: I believe stairway to heaven also has a few
Let it Be by the Beatles has some major to minor falls and minor to major.

C-G-Am-F
F-Em-Dm-C
that song hallelujah in shrek (Rufus Wainwright). The words tell you about the chords.
"His name is Robert Paulson"
Quote by Unlockitall
that song hallelujah in shrek (Rufus Wainwright). The words tell you about the chords.

original is from Leonard Cohen
I think there's such things going on in Creep, radiohead.
You like it
There are so many songs that have major -minor chord movements you couldnt began to name them.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Quote by linus.d
I think there's such things going on in Creep, radiohead.

Yep, the chord progression has a Cmaj followed by Cm.

TS, is this the kind of 'minor fall' you're asking about?

or are you just after something like G - Am, cos that sort of thing is in millions of songs.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
I think he might mean a major chord that falls to its own minor. Like the classic IV-iv-I.
Quote by Cameronrobson
If a barn owl was fighting a tiger and flew away, it was just looking for a more awesome place to fight. This happens all the time on Dragon Ball Z.

Member 8 of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club
Trains by Porcupine Tree
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
^You can try that one, although it's not in the main progression.
The most obvious one, as it's been said, is Creep.
Love Boat Captain by Pearl Jam is also a good one.
I'm going to have to be frank here. I have never, in my experience, heard of a harmonic movement referred to technically as a "minor fall" short of Hallelujah.

The above quoted examples have different motions.. Context, modulation, movement proper.. Can someone explain to me exactly what we're all referring to as a "minor fall"?
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
Quote by KenjiBeast
Can someone explain to me exactly what we're all referring to as a "minor fall"?

I'm pretty sure, as stated above, it would be something like from C to Cm, D to Dm, etc.

my example would be:
Foam Born a) The Backtrack
by
Between the Buried and Me
Does anybody know what it's called when a major chord in a chord progression is replaced by the minor chord with the same tonic? At first I thought it was minor substitution, but I don't believe it is.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea