Hello all.

I am interested in purchasing an acoustic guitar. I went to some local shops and played a bunch of different guitars. I liked the Taylor 110 and the Seagull SWS the most. I usually do a good mix of strumming and picking. I am looking around the $600.00 (Canadian) range. Does anyone have any thoughts on these two guitars or could recommend something else in that range?

Thanks
OHH NOOO, ANOTHER .VS THREAD!!!!

jk

I'd go with Seagull, definitely better quality and its more bang-for-the-buck.

but like everyone says, the purchase is up to you, you should get what feels right to you, not to someone else.
this is a win/win scenario. they're both good - get the one that sounds and feels best to you, because you can't lose between these two brands. i love my seagull s6, and find it to be very versatile, but i don't find it to be higher quality than the taylor 110. if you can find a 110 in your price range, i would definitely give both guitars a test run.
I'd say that the Seagull's probably a better choice in terms of build. All solid wood for this price is hard to come by. However, it is very much personal preference at the same time. What's best for you is not always the best choice, but the right choice.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i hadn't realized the seagull SWS was all solid wood. that might put it ahead for me depending on my own personal comfort and playability/feel. on the other hand, these are both $600 guitars in the u.s. - wouldn't that put them at over $700 in canada?
No. They're still about $650 in Canada. Where do you think they're made? SWS stands for Solid Wood Series.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
thanks for the info. funny thing considering the names of their other lines.

Quote by captivate
No. They're still about $650 in Canada. Where do you think they're made? SWS stands for Solid Wood Series.
Went with the Seagull SWS High - Gloss. Taylor was a bit to bright for me, and i just loved that deeper seagull sound. And it looks sick all high - glossy

Thanks for the advice.