as far as i can tell (based on UK prices anyway) you're paying about £300 for a vintage 30 and a fancy/lame paintjob.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have a 40w hot rod deluxe, limited edition silver snakeskin tolex.
got it for $600.
amazing amp. however, the onboard dirt is horrible. but im a pedal guy, so its not problem.
cleans are incredible, and it gets loud as fuk.
Hm I wouldn't say the cleans on the hot rod series are "great". If you want serious great cleans that have that fender sound I would go with a Twin or Super Reverb. Not sure what your budget is though and those are more pricey than either of the hot rods. Maybe try out an AC15?

edit - I'm not sure if the verb on the AC15/30 is spring... I know I definitely dig the sound I get from mine though.
Quote by jamiethorpe
Hm I wouldn't say the cleans on the hot rod series are "great". If you want serious great cleans that have that fender sound I would go with a Twin or Super Reverb. Not sure what your budget is though and those are more pricey than either of the hot rods. Maybe try out an AC15?

edit - I'm not sure if the verb on the AC15/30 is spring... I know I definitely dig the sound I get from mine though.

i would.
but im running a prs mccarty and a gibson with bareknuckles in it.
i played a hot rod that had JUST been put on the rack by the employee of the guitar store, i plug myself in, play for about an hour and the whole first channel shuts down. completely dead. they checked the tubes, fuses, everything. still absolutely nothing.

the second channel sounded great though

im a little iffy on the quality now because of that, but it played great.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Ts' username being Indiemad, I would say a HRD would suit him well. Widely used by indie bands, including The Strokes, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, The Horrors and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Last edited by ze monsta at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by ze monsta
Ts' username being Indiemad, I would say a HRD would suit him well. Widely used by indie bands, including The Strokes, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, The Horrors and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Good call +1!
if he's using it for indie i wouldn't bother with the special edition one, the v30 improves the OD channel, but makes the cleans worse (in my opinion). Would be a better idea (and cheaper) to buy the normal version and then upgrade the speaker to one of his choice- one which handles both cleans and indie-style overdrive well. the blues deluxe would be worth a look too, if it's for indie. Less modern-sounding and crappy overdrive channel.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ze monsta

the horrors is pretty much my sound and josh is my guitar hero
Quote by Indiemad
the horrors is pretty much my sound and josh is my guitar hero

Join the club. Or at least, he has been recently. Are you on The Horum? I joined up there last night to talk, basically to talk about Josh's gear.
Quote by ze monsta
Join the club. Or at least, he has been recently. Are you on The Horum? I joined up there last night to talk, basically to talk about Josh's gear.

no but i read on there a lot. i just bought a jaguar which was influnced by him quite a bit not totally though

i also want his haircut
Last edited by Indiemad at Jul 18, 2009,