I've been scanning craigslist and found this.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/msg/1264742866.html

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Could I fix it myself or would a pro need to do it?

Thanks.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
The "Foot - Don't **** Up" sign is a little wierd... I'd like an explanation.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by customisbetter
500 for a NON FUNCTIONING object is ridiculous.

i say max 350. might be an easy fix though. Amps really aren't that hard to understand.

this, though i would have offered $300 first. thats REDONKUROUS
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
maybe it needs new tubes?

lol, I bet this is the problem
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I would probably pass unless you can either talk him down quite a bit, or you have a friend who can help with repairs. People selling non-functioning gear always worry me because chances are, they've already at least gotten an estimate on repair, and decided it wasn't worth the cost. It just wouldn't make sense to sell something for half of what it's worth in working condition because you don't want to bother with getting it fixed, unless you already know it's going to cost you a fortune in repairs.
Used ones in good condition go for about $1000. At the minimum it needs tubes for at least $125. It's heavy so shipping each way is $45. The potential "savings" for an easy fix might only be $300.
If it was easy... it would probably have been fixed already and not posted for sale.
The sellar probably know that it's going to be too expensive and not worth it.
Quote by customisbetter
500 for a NON FUNCTIONING object is ridiculous.

i say max 350. might be an easy fix though. Amps really aren't that hard to understand.

You have never seen the insides of a Mesa have you.
The guy above me is probably right, if the guy has a $1500 amp he is going to try to fix it.
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
He says the tubes don't fire up. Hmmmm... Blowed up transformer?

That's what I was thinking. I have looked inside my rectoverb and it's not that complicated though a dual rectifer would probably be far more complex.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by dlabooda
That's what I was thinking. I have looked inside my rectoverb and it's not that complicated though a dual rectifer would probably be far more complex.

Mercury Magnetics OT is $250.. plus labor if don't know what you're doing.
Everyone's probably right. It wouldn't be worth the risk. Thanks for the help anyway.
Quote by Invader Jim

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
You could work out a deal with the seller where you post date a check, tell him you are going to take it in to have it looked at and if you find out that it's going to cost too much, return it to him. If he desided to screw you, cancel the check and leave the amp at his doorstep