I'm curious because I don't think they can compete with the other "metal" guitar companies' high end stuff like Ibanez Prestige, ESP Standard, and Jackson USA. Their custom shop is in the U.S. but there are no in-between guitars. I think they should make some high-end MIA production models. If you're on the market for a metal guitar between $1000-2000, you probably wouldn't even look at Schecter. It's also hard to buy a custom shop Schecter when you've never played a high-end one.
I dont know if you know this, but recently the economy totally ****-CANNED!

Just kidding. Sortf of.

I have no clue why they dont.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
ibanez prestige guitars are NOT made in the US, they`re made at the Fujigen factory in Japan.

Cheaper manufacturing costs are why companies farm out production to different nations.
Schecter simply elects not to compete in the premium guitar market. Their target market is entry level and mid range guitars. End of story.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
ibanez prestige guitars are NOT made in the US, they`re made at the Fujigen factory in Japan.

Cheaper manufacturing costs are why companies farm out production to different nations.

I never said that they were made in the US. ESP is also made in Japan. Japan is their home-country. They're not outsourced. So you get higher quality than the ones made in other countries of the same company.
JApanese company owned by the same parent company as e.s.p why do you think they dont sue each other for the forest headstock that schecter uses on some of their v's.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by LowEndSlacker
Schecter simply elects not to compete in the premium guitar market. Their target market is entry level and mid range guitars. End of story.

This. Though they are great guitars for the price.
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112
Maybe they just don't want to make high end guitars because they might not be able to compete and could lose alot of money, why take a risk?
Made in America =/= High quality

I point you to Japan, Germany, Britain, etc.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

their custom shops are USA made, but their series guitars are being made in China and Korea. I believe the Omen(Extreme) and the 006 series are the ones made in China. the higher series are made in Korea.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Rhoads_1096
Maybe they just don't want to make high end guitars because they might not be able to compete and could lose alot of money, why take a risk?

Because some people want a high-end 7-string that's not made of basswood and that's not a sig? ESP just released some this year though. But they have a 25.5" scale. Schecter can compete with the other brands if they offer the stuff they have in their guitars now on the higher end guitars. And plenty of people like Schecters. They already have a lot of users with positive thoughts about them. Many people would be happy that they can get a Schecter without sacrificing quality. That's what Ibanez did with the Prestige line and look at them now.
they've probably got some reason for it. No idea what it is, though. maybe they're concerned that they've been pigeonholed as beginner and intermediate instruments or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I personally think that Schecter is going to be the next big guitar company. I think they're Japanese owned right now with factories in China and S.Korea. Why would an Asian company outsource to America in order to make high end guitars? The custom shop is in the USA because thats where Schecter started out: Making custom parts for companies like Fender.

Give them a bit and I wouldn't be suprised if you start seeing some 1K+ guitars. To be honest my Classic feels like a 1K guitar to me, so maybe they're already making high-end guitars without the high end price tag. Hell, its pretty much common knowledge that when you buy a Fender or Gibson you're paying for the name too.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Schecter used to make Custom guitars in the US back in like the 80's but they went ahead and make guitars that anyone can afford.
Isn't Schecter an American Company if it's ran by Americans and it's headquarters are in America? They're even setup in America The Japanese guy who also owns ESP bought it but he's just the owner. He's not the president or anything. I know wikipedia isn't reliable but there's not much info about Schecter so I have to take what I find. And apparently, they did make high-end instruments that were sold in stores at a few points.
Their mid-range instruments are borderline high end in terms of workmanship and quality IMO.

Their prices are incredible for the quality and hardware you get, don't you think?

Anyway, they make their guitars in Korea, ESP, Schecter and Jackson (not sure about Jackson) all have them made from the same factory
^ Cort Factories!
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by JELIFISH19
Isn't Schecter an American Company if it's ran by Americans and it's headquarters are in America? They're even setup in America The Japanese guy who also owns ESP bought it but he's just the owner. He's not the president or anything. I know wikipedia isn't reliable but there's not much info about Schecter so I have to take what I find. And apparently, they did make high-end instruments that were sold in stores at a few points.

Schecter makes the Diamond Series and Custom Shops. The Diamond series are medium price range guitars but IMO, I think the higher end diamond series rival some of the high-end other brand guitars.

Schecter makes their Custom Shops in California, and they used to make the rest in Korea, but as of late they've branched off into other places like China and Indonesia.

Also, Schecter Japan and Scheter aren't affiliated at all, But I don't know if the Schecter from California makes any of there guitars in Japan.

Oh yeh, all of Shecter's guitars that are made over-seas are sent to California to be set up.

That's pretty much all I know.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
They do. It's called Custom Shop. Their production line is MIK, but they're still great.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
They don't have a high range because they are owned by ESP. They both do mainly metal guitars so the competition would suck for both.
ಠ_ಠ
well i'm having a guess here but i would say it's due to the minimum wage, cost of factories, cost of equipment, how much profit needs to be made to break even, etc. just put it down to a bunch of economy reasons 'cos if they were to make a guitars in the USA presumably it cost much higher but would you be willing to pay that amount if you can get a guitar of the same quality much cheaper? in the end it's a business and they need to make money and they need save as much cash as they can with the current economy.
Schecter does make high end Japanese guitars ranging from 2000-4000$+ The reason they are not sold in an American market is the same reason that ESP Edwards can't be sold legally in the American market. They are all companies owned by the same parent company and in the end they will all compete with each other. My point being that schecter does have a high end line of guitars they are just meant for the Japanese market over the American one.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I just saw the Schecter Japan guitars on the Japanese Schecter site. They look really good. ESP and Ibanez also reserve their highest-end guitars for the Japanese market. I guess the owner of Schecter is more involved than I thought.