Page 1 of 3
Yep, you betya.

This Summer, I couldn't get a job, so my Dad said he had some work for me. He is a fabricator / Welder / engineer dude, and there is a pharmacutical plant in my County that has closed for routine maintanance etc, and we have to do a lot of work.

So, I was busy working today, and my Dad walks into the workshop where I was cutting and polishing some pipes and valves, and tells me about an accident that just occurred 100-200 metres away from where I was working.
This guy was working on some pipes for a storage tank, but he coulnt reach what he had to cut. So he decides to climb up a few pipes to reach it, in doing so, using a valve handle as a footrest... the pipe should have been closed, de-commissioned and tagged... Jump a few buildings away, and this other fella is pumping 2,500 litres of powerful acid (not sure what type) at high pressure through the pipes, without knowing of the guy working on the pipes.

Guy 1 has just stepped on the handle. The handle turns down, releasing a torrrent of high-strength acid directly into his face. He falls from the pipes, and is dragged to an emergency shower, but it's too late. The acid completely burns his entire face and as for his eyelids... they were melted or "Fused" together. He was later rushed to the ICU of the nearest hospital.

Eventful day, in my opinion.. whatcha think?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

need a tl dr thing

edit: AWESOME!!!!!
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
Last edited by pwnagegnome at Jul 17, 2009,
Damn I was thinking that this thread would involve unicorns of some sort.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
He should have worn goggles. They would have done something.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Pics... Nevermind I dont even want to see them.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
i need a drink...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
That is awful . . .

I thought drugs were going to be involved but . . . damn.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
imagine how much his dong hurts
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by SeEsAw12
the acid would've definitely melted the plastic or rubber used on the goggles

not necessarily, it depends on what kind of acid it is. there are acids that dissolve skin but not plastic.
Damn, he must have tripped out hard....

sorry to hear that
enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
that sounds absolutely horrible.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by KirkMetallica
Yep, you betya.

This Summer, I couldn't get a job, so my Dad said he had some work for me. He is a fabricator / Welder / engineer dude, and there is a pharmacutical plant in my County that has closed for routine maintanance etc, and we have to do a lot of work.

So, I was busy working today, and my Dad walks into the workshop where I was cutting and polishing some pipes and valves, and tells me about an accident that just occurred 100-200 metres away from where I was working.
This guy was working on some pipes for a storage tank, but he coulnt reach what he had to cut. So he decides to climb up a few pipes to reach it, in doing so, using a valve handle as a footrest... the pipe should have been closed, de-commissioned and tagged... Jump a few buildings away, and this other fella is pumping 2,500 litres of powerful acid (not sure what type) at high pressure through the pipes, without knowing of the guy working on the pipes.

Guy 1 has just stepped on the handle. The handle turns down, releasing a torrrent of high-strength acid directly into his face. He falls from the pipes, and is dragged to an emergency shower, but it's too late. The acid completely burns his entire face and as for his eyelids... they were melted or "Fused" together. He was later rushed to the ICU of the nearest hospital.

Eventful day, in my opinion.. whatcha think?

Only torrents thread.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Scutchington

He was wearing safety glasses according to site policy, but they were no match for this acid. I think it was Hydrochloric, but I'm not too sure.

Quote by SeEsAw12
R.I.P?

He lived , but he is off work for a while, as you would have to be after having a proper face melting.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by CoreysMonster
not necessarily, it depends on what kind of acid it is. there are acids that dissolve skin but not plastic.

And either way, it's still a barrier.
Where was this? Judging by your use of the Metric system, probably not the USA, but I'm sure there is some sort of work hazard administration that will go balls to the wall over this.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Poor f*cking guy.

There'll be a major health and safety overhaul probably. Which could be good or bad.. Do you get frequent accidents in the area TS?

No, not at all. The place is like Health & Safety HQ that produces Pharmacuticals on the side
Bertolt Bretcht

Poor guy.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by darkstar2466
Only torrents thread.

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Scutchington

The goggles... They do nothing!

Anyway, sounds like a fun day. Can't beat a bit of good old fashioned working practices. None of this airy fairy health and safety bollocks.
Quote by dweb23
Almost as dangerous as one of my face melting solos

+1. That was nice

But this accident was less painful than your solos
I joke!
Bertolt Bretcht

Holy crap....if I was that guy, I'd end up wanting to kill myself if I didnt have a face anymore...

And did anyone else think of the music vid for One-Mettallica???

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Email it to Cannibal Corpse, I heard they need new song ideas.
There's only so much they can do with entrails.
Quote by valennic
Holy crap....if I was that guy, I'd end up wanting to kill myself if I didnt have a face anymore...

And did anyone else think of the music vid for One-Mettallica???

Being me, I thought of it for ages. Iwas playing it over in my head cos i was bored

Quote by kroket666
so there is a job opening??...

you evil son'bitch
Bertolt Bretcht

That's horrific. Eurgh.

F*ck working in chemical factories.
***Short Sig***
Quote by urbanfox
The goggles... They do nothing!

Anyway, sounds like a fun day. Can't beat a bit of good old fashioned working practices. None of this airy fairy health and safety bollocks.

ah crap beaten to it
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Page 1 of 3