could anyone tell me if the Epiphone Sg G-400 guitars that are made in china or korea in anyway bad quality guitars?

Also can someone help me, is there anyway to tell the difference between the epi sg and the epi sg g-400? (as i was thinking it could have been the pickguard as they are different in other guitars )
thanks
There isnt a specific epi sg and i've heard very good things about those guitars.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
there's no epiphone just called an "SG". the G-400 is the "standard" SG.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Oosh.
There isnt a specific epi sg and i've heard very good things about those guitars.

fail.

SG special? SG prophecy custom gx? SG G-310? Emily the Strange SG?
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

thanks for the replys it's just the man who owns my local guitar shop showed me 2 epi sg and said this one is an sg and this one is an sg g-400, i wanted to know the difference between them because both of those guitars looked fairly alike to me...so is one "better" than the other?
Quote by xItsGilbertYox
fail.

SG special? SG prophecy custom gx? SG G-310? Emily the Strange SG?

fail. that's not what he meant. he meant there's no SG that's just titled "SG". there's always something to indicate a particular variation.

you say the guitar that the shop said was an "SG" had a different pickguard? it might've been the '66 reissue (i'm not sure about '66 being the correct year mind).. but i thought that was still called a "G-400 '66 reissue"
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

hi,

"he" is a she!

i mean on things like ebay people just say "epi sg" and thats it so i don't know what particular epi sg it is! so i was wondering if there was anyway of telling which type it is?
The only Epi 'SG' type guitar I have found that is anything like playable is the Emily the Strange. Considering the shop wanted 450 euro for it and 750 for a new, ex-demo Gibson SG Standard, it seemed a bit expensive.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

on the internet, women are men, and children are the FBI.

on a more useful note, just look on the epiphone site - the epiphones aren't too difficult to tell apart, if they just call it an "SG" it means they are not specifying which model it is, but if you've got a pic (Which you should on ebay) you should be able to tell on the epiphone site.

^lurcher, the epi G-400 (and higher end models) are good enough guitars for what you pay - you may not like them, but that doesn't mean nobody else will, and going around steering everyone clear of them saying they are unplayable is unhelpful. sure they are nothing special, but they are good workhorse guitars, if that's your sort of thing.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 17, 2009,
okay,
so what about the guitars that are made in korea and china what are they like are they bad quality or do they have a bad sound quality?
the korean guitars were made of slightly better quality cuts of wood than the chinese guitars but not enough to make a huge difference, and you may find a few iffy SGs so i would strongly advise that you try before you buy. the only common problem with epiphones in general is they tend to have very dead sounding pickups but these can be replaced.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 17, 2009,