I've just started a new band and we play classic rock, motown and some stuff from the 90s. I've been playing mostly country for the past 15 years so my set up was for that, ya don't have to do very many screaming leads for that but now I'm trying to get that crunchy hard drive sound that will give me a lot of sustain when I play above the 12th fret kinda like SRV. Right now pedal wise I use all Boss, distortion, compressor, chorus, delay, noise gate and tuner with a 89 hard tail strat. All this goes directly into my 74 Fender Pro Reverb so when I'm jamming along and go up to say the 15th fret everything just falls out the bottom and sounds like a $2.00 guitar.
so is it my guitar, my amp Does it need to be re-tubed. I'm looking into getting an amp with an effects loop so my signal bypasses the pre amp. Any thoughts?????
Hi pwilbo!

The newbie forum is for questions about how to use the site.
Use this: Important: New Members FAQ to help you find the right UG forum for your question.
In this case, that would probably be GG&A.

In addition to a description of the forums, there is other info that will help you with the basics of using UG.

A Mod will either close this thread or move it to a more appropriate forum.
If it gets closed make a new one in the proper forum.

Good luck.
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.