Page 1 of 2
EDIT:Guys please read my latest post on page 3 (post#49) and give suggestions regarding pickups for this guitar. thanks

Hi guys,

Finally after a wait of almost a month, my new guitar is here...some of you probably know that i ordered the Ibanez RG1570 Prestige guitar from Malaysia (i live in Pakistan)...

Well finally my guitar is here!! It is indeed really cool...super slick neck, and great overall feel...

i ordered the Mirage Blue - which is too good. i had always thought that the glitter thing would look cheap and gay...since i only had access to a Mirage Red guitar here in pakistan. even made a poll here on UG to see which color was better majority suggested the mirage blue, and so thats what i got!

just wanted to thank all those who helped me decide on getting this guitar...especially Dave_mc and jellyfish and other ppl here on UG....it is everything that you guys said - and more! indeed the edge pro tremolo is great...does not go out of tune at all...its sweet!

Now my next step is to upgrade the pickups...going to replace all three stock pickups. I mostly need diversity...i want to cover a wide range of tonal spectrum

any suggestions are more than welcome

thank you all!!

Edit: Here are the pics guys...its a little dark in my room, so don't know if you can see the mirage blue...more like black in the pics.

The case:

Pups:
Last edited by fannie at Nov 19, 2009,
Awesome, I just ordered a rg 2550z 3 days ago, and Im gonna put the evolutions in mine. Not sure about the single coil though, maybe an air norton.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Happy NGD! (cough pics or its a Squier). What styles of music do you play? What do you not like about the stock pickups?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
HNGD...

but pics or its a bronze warlock... with hello kitty strap

EDIT: thats beautiful
Last edited by just17n8 at Jul 17, 2009,
okay going to upload pics soon....

well i mostly play classic rock...hard rock...blues...my fav guitarists are dave mustaine, slash, clapton, jimmy page, satriani ... i know thats alot of different styles

anyway, thing is that these pickups are nice...but have a slight buzz, though using the noise gate on my processor cancels most of it...but i want warmth...and a bit more kick..
pics, now.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
okay guys, here you go...have uploaded the pics...could have been better if had taken them during the day...its 4am here right now in pakistan :p

i guess the mirage blue color would be more evident in natural light/sunlight...will take some more pics in the morning in bright light...

hope you like my new axe...
i also got some Dunlop Fast fret cleaner and Dunlop lemon oil...might get a dunlop body polish soon.
Wow! Looks awesome! HNGD
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
nice
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
thanks for the shout out, it's always nice when people are pleased with stuff I advise. It looks awesome, by the way.

Which pickups are readily available in pakistan? And how much are they? Main thing is seeing what you can easily get your hands on- if they're then way too dear, it might be cheaper to order from abroad (and you'd have more choices), if the companies you're looking at ship to pakistan.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what guitars did you compare this to? i was looking at this or the ltd mh-1000. not sure if you're familiar with that one, but are the stock pickups really bad on this guitar?
are they at least decent for some older metal, and a bit of newer metal?
Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks for the shout out, it's always nice when people are pleased with stuff I advise. It looks awesome, by the way.

Which pickups are readily available in pakistan? And how much are they? Main thing is seeing what you can easily get your hands on- if they're then way too dear, it might be cheaper to order from abroad (and you'd have more choices), if the companies you're looking at ship to pakistan.

actually it was your advice that really sealed the deal for me. I dont really have access to alot many guitars here in pakistan, and the local dealer who had 1 ibanez prestige was not too keen on letting me try it...so yeah, thanks alot!

the pickups available here are very expensive, and also limited in variety. My local dealer has dimarzio and EMG. But much more expensive than what they are in USA.

My friend is coming from USA next month, so I plan to order the pickups from him. I feel I might get a good deal from there. Maybe I can even get all three at a discounted price if they sell in pairs? I will most probably buy online.

Like i mentioned, I want to get that satriani, slash like lead tones, and some heavier rock tones like dave mustaine maybe...but than again i also like the clapton/dire straits tone....i know i know, impossible to get all from one guitar!!!

but i have heard some guys on youtube get good strat like tones as well as satriani etc from this guitar...ofcourse, i dont expect to get the exact 100% tones...just a decent rock tone!!
no problem, glad i could help.

Is megadeth about the heaviest stuff you play?

satriani and slash lead tones from the bridge pickup, megadethy rhythms from the bridge pickup, more vintage clapton/knopfler single coil tones from the middle pickup, and slashy neck pickup tones, that kind of thing? I wouldn't say that that's that impossible from the one guitar, when that guitar has an HSH setup, that's more or less what i went for with my RG.

if you've got someone coming from the USA, that might be the best bet in terms of price. Sometimes they're sold in sets, but the only problem is that that narrows down which pickups you can get, as normally only a couple of the pickups are available in sets (but i could be wrong)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by imbaguitar
what guitars did you compare this to? i was looking at this or the ltd mh-1000. not sure if you're familiar with that one, but are the stock pickups really bad on this guitar?
are they at least decent for some older metal, and a bit of newer metal?

I have no experience with the LTD mh-1000. I only tried the LTD mh-250 which was the only other that my local dealer had. Actually we dont have much guitar variety here in pakistan. so mostly the guitar dealers either order from abroad on special orders, or we just get from our friends coming from usa/uk etc.

the ltd mh-250 was also nice, but than again, its in a different price range, and a different guitar. cant really compare it to the prestige.

the stock pickups on this guitar are not bad. they are quite decent. I might not change them for a few months. just that my friend is coming from usa, so might as well get them right now. the stock pickups i believe are high output, therefore also add a bit of buzz/noise...they are decent, but not as good as one would want on a $1000 guitar. good for soloing etc...not for grunge etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
no problem, glad i could help.

Is megadeth about the heaviest stuff you play?

satriani and slash lead tones from the bridge pickup, megadethy rhythms from the bridge pickup, more vintage clapton/knopfler single coil tones from the middle pickup, and slashy neck pickup tones, that kind of thing? I wouldn't say that that's that impossible from the one guitar, when that guitar has an HSH setup, that's more or less what i went for with my RG.

if you've got someone coming from the USA, that might be the best bet in terms of price. Sometimes they're sold in sets, but the only problem is that that narrows down which pickups you can get, as normally only a couple of the pickups are available in sets (but i could be wrong)?

YES! its also the reason i went for the HSH setup - for versatility. and yes, megadeth is just about the heaviest stuff i play. nothing more heavier than that.

i would love to have a setup like the one you described above...that would cover all those sounds...

If i can get those sounds, i will just get them all individual even if that would mean paying a bit more than what i would pay for pups sold in sets.

Pickups from USA is not a problem. they are small, dont weigh much - so no excess baggage costs like what i paid for my 10KG prestige+case
Quote by Pac_man0123
Congratulations on buying a super-sexy guitar

I've wanted a mirage blue RG1570 since i saw and played one in a shop. Great guitar, awesome finish.

Great choice! I remember that thread

yes i remember you mr pac man...miss the video game

anyway, thanks for the advice....and now i wud also advise you - go get the mirage blue! its KEWL
Thanks for the shoutout, welcome to the RG Prestige Club. It looks great. I'm glad you like it. For the pickup, I would definitely look into a PAF Pro for the neck. Joe Satriani uses it and it has that vocal quality that slash has in his lead tone albeit a little more trebly. For the middle, maybe look at the True Velvet. The Tone Zone is a pretty solid bridge pickup. But check out the Dimarzio site. They have very good descriptions of the pickups and some samples.
great looking guitar there. didn't know there were any guitarists in pakistan, glad to hear there are!
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by just17n8
HNGD...

but pics or its a bronze warlock... with hello kitty strap

EDIT: thats beautiful

funny you mentioned the hello kitty strap....cause the malaysian guitar dealer who sold me the guitar gave a couple of free things like a cable and picks etc - including a cheesy "Emily the Strange" guitar strap
Quote by JELIFISH19
Thanks for the shoutout, welcome to the RG Prestige Club. It looks great. I'm glad you like it. For the pickup, I would definitely look into a PAF Pro for the neck. Joe Satriani uses it and it has that vocal quality that slash has in his lead tone albeit a little more trebly. For the middle, maybe look at the True Velvet. The Tone Zone is a pretty solid bridge pickup. But check out the Dimarzio site. They have very good descriptions of the pickups and some samples.

thank you for your advice...you have been a great help. i will definitely look into those pickups

Quote by TDS
great looking guitar there. didn't know there were any guitarists in pakistan, glad to hear there are!

we have some of the best guitarists in the indian subcontinent...i know we are always in the news for all the wrong reasons these days - but trust me its not like afghanistan here
Last edited by fannie at Jul 17, 2009,
Awesomeness, I love RG's. Happy new guitar day. I'm hoping to have one of these days soon enough myself.
Nice,HNGD!
I have a 1570 also,sweet guitar but I'm moving my Strat or RG for a SG. I sold my SG to buy a steal on a Cadillac I ran into last week & miss it badly so 1 or the other will go.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Last edited by twisty571 at Jul 17, 2009,
Ya, it looks completey black, but it still looks nice anyway, and I'm sure it looks better in good light!HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
get new pups and you're rollin =) NGD!!!
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by twisty571
Nice,HNGD!
I have a 1570 also,sweet guitar but I'm moving my Strat or RG for a SG. I sold my SG to buy a steal on a Cadillac I ran into last week & miss it badly so 1 or the other will go.

nice finish you got there...this wasnt available when i bought mine though
WOW! Awesome guitar mate
HNGD!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
thank you all for the wishes

now only looking for some good deals for pickups and different ideas...lets see what i end up doing

i actually have set aside about $250 dollars just for the pickups...since i had always wanted to get this guitar and put my own choice of pickups....i am sure it wud sound great with dimarzios..
Is the trem. system good for staying in tune?
And I know you said that megadeth is the heaviest stuff you play, (and its my favorite band), but do you think these pickups could handle heavier stuff well?
Quote by fannie
YES! its also the reason i went for the HSH setup - for versatility. and yes, megadeth is just about the heaviest stuff i play. nothing more heavier than that.

i would love to have a setup like the one you described above...that would cover all those sounds...

If i can get those sounds, i will just get them all individual even if that would mean paying a bit more than what i would pay for pups sold in sets.

Pickups from USA is not a problem. they are small, dont weigh much - so no excess baggage costs like what i paid for my 10KG prestige+case

i went with swinesheads for my RG, a warthog in the bridge, spotlight in the middle, and condor in the neck. they're handmade in the UK, but you'd have to order them and wait for them to be shipped. Value is really going to depend on how strong pakistani currency is versus the pound (and how much you get stung for postage, customs etc.).

You'd have plenty of other options, though- there are several other handwinders in the UK, but again they're not going to be the best value if the pakistani rupee (that's the currency, right? I had to look it up, sorry ) is currently weak.

If you want to stick with the big US guys to get better value because your friend can bring back pickups for you (I've asterisked the ones I've tried- I've included other options as, from what I've heard, I think they should work too):

Bridge:

Seymour Duncan: JB* (good for megadeth but probably too hot and trebly/mid spikey for a lot of the other stuff), Custom*, Custom V, Full Shred, Screamin' Demon* would all be options.

Dimarzio: Tone Zone* (might be too aimed at lead tones), Breed*, Norton, Fred* (might be too aimed at satriani tones), Paf Pro* (might not be hot enough).

Middle:

Seymour Duncan: SSL1*, Alnico II pro*.

Dimarzio: the virtual vintages* are my favourite dimarzio single coils, you have several options out of those.

Neck:

Seymour Duncan: '59* (might be too hard-edged), Alnico II Pro* (might be too warm)

Dimarzio: Air Norton*, Paf Pro*, various paf-style models.

I've probably missed some obvious ones too.

If your friend is going to be in the states for any length of time you could also consider the US-based handwinders.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, it looks great. Ive actually never had a 3 pup guitar, nor a guitar with double cutaways or even 24 frets.........

I considered buying the 1570, they are MIJ not China right?

Good luck!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
^ yeah, MIJ.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2