how does your band go about the writing process for writing music?
i'm just gathering a bunch of ideas....
i play guitar in my band but i'm a multi-instrumentalist- i write everything for my band, and demo it all, send it to all of them, and then everyone learns it separately, we all come together at practice and play about with it a little bit. the only thing i don't write is vocals as i feel a vocalist will put more passion and feeling into vocals they have written themselves.

xx matt
Check out my band! The Afterparty on Facebook
For my band--I write almost all the songs. Often times, everyone in the band, (guitarist, bassist, drummer) will give me a song, and say, "Hey, edit this, etc." And I'll do my thing. Usually we'll each have an input on a song, that way each person contributes.
basically you've got to weigh up artistic vision and the dilution of artistic vision which is introduced by adding more people to the song writing process. If you can come up with clear ideas of how you want things to sound in your head, then getting other people involved can steer you away from the "picture you want to paint" that you've already envisioned. The more people who get involved the less likely it is to turn out how you originally intended.

xx matt
Check out my band! The Afterparty on Facebook
Quote by anacrucix
the only thing i don't write is vocals as i feel a vocalist will put more passion and feeling into vocals they have written themselves.

While I would generally agree with you, Pete Townsend wrote a lot of lyrics/melodies for Who songs that Roger Daltrey sang with a hell of a lot of passion and feel - "Love, Reign O'er Me" blew me away when I heard it the first time. One of the most powerful vocal preformances ever, I'd say.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
heres a simple equation Lyric+melody+harmony+Rythem= a good song
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Our songs are born from 30 minute-1 hour jams
After playing that outline over and over and over and over...
It gets widdled down to a nice 2-3 minute jingle
Yes.
personally i write whole songs at home with ideas for lyrics bass lines and other guitars
i record the demos send it to people and they all listen and see if they lke it
then we start working on it as a whole band where we add more technical rhythm parts
and add new sections or replace them
i start the song idea off and occasional numerous riffs from the original make it in to the final song
i think this help me get my basic ideas of how i want the song to sound and lets the other members contribute to the editing and such of the song
The guitarist in my band writes most the musical parts while I (the bassist) write the lyrics, this solely due to my writing capabilities (as I have had poems published). However, each band member fine tunes his/her part of the music to fit his/her style better (i.e. I could change my bassline to a gallopping one, or change it to a walking bassline if it sounds better), and the vocalists are, obviously, allowed to change the lyrics as they see fit.
Arcane Echo

Just call me Ethan