I just got a used crate powerblock from ebay and its got that problem where it cuts out and the light turns off and then back on. I know that if you install a resistor to the IC101 it is supposed to fix this problem. the guide I found said to solder the resistor to the "front two" legs of the IC101. I just dont know which legs these are since i dont know specifically which ones are the "front".

Does anyone know which legs to solder the resistor to?

Thanks
The two up by the dot or the notch on the IC. If it has both refer to the notch.

What value resistor do you use, my PB has the same problem? Any more info on this mod?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Look at the IC. The top is usually marked with a little "groove" or "dot". The legs are counted counter-clockwise from the top left. Like so (random IC):

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Hmm, I wonder if it means legs 1 and 2, or legs 1 and X (X being the last leg)
its a 1 meg 1/4 watt resistor to use.

i'm still a little confused about which ones they are. the IC has legs coming off the bottom only and there are maybe 6 or so of them. there are two that stick out from under the IC while the rest are straight beneath it.

any more thoughts?
I found a thread on HCAF. Apparently front means the two closest to the front of the amp. I'm gonna pick up a resistor tomorrow ( I don't have an 1 Meg ) If you get it done lemme know how it works.
I emailed the guy, WaltC from thegearpage.com whose directions I found before, and he sent me a pdf from crate on how to fix it. I was right in my first assumption. The legs are the ones that are a bit longer than the rest and they extend further out. Once you open it up its obvious what they are.

I'm heading out to Radio Shack today to pick up the resistor and hopefully I'll have the amp working great by the end of the day
Awesome, I just did it to mine and it works great. Before I would have to turn the amps controls to zero and unplug everything to get it to start (and even then it would still power cycle for a bit first), but now it turns on right away.

The IC is pretty hard to get to without taking the board out, but I managed. It isn't pretty, but it works. I'm just glad I didn't cook the IC.
either one of you have a problem with the fuse blowing repeatedly after this mod my crate wouldnt even turn on before but now it just blows fuses almost immediately. any help or referrals are welcome. thanks allot also a schem would be great
oh and if anyone could post pics of the insid of the crate specifically wires that come off of board to plugs etc so i can check against them.
Was your amp power cycling before you installed that resistor? Did you mistakenly short something out without that resistor? What value resistor did you use?

Mine never had any problems after I did this to it, though I've sold it since then.
it had completely stopped lighting already the pilot just showed nothing so i tried the mod and a new fuse and blew the fuse really fast im pretty sure it was a 1/4 watt fuse dont remember exactly its been a while i already sold the cab as the amps been dead a while
Hmm, the mod was supposed to fix power cycling, if yours just plain wouldn't turn on there may have been something else wrong.
im going to take it to a locall amp tech when i get the cash finally hopefully ( just got laid off how fun) thanks for the help though and im open to anyones suggestions as to fixing it in the meantime