Voters: 95.
Schecter are a good one.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Any company that makes guitars with strings and pickups.

But just to amuse you I'll say Jackson, since I love the snakeskin finish that's available.
All of the above do. I've seen metal played on every kind of guitar out there, just find what you like. Might be a Dean might be a Fender, if you like it and it suits you, it will fit your style.
Any guitar that has a pickup and strings. A friend played metal on a jazz hollowbody and it sounded incredible, if it can play music it can play metal.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Any guitar that has a pickup and strings. A friend played metal on a jazz hollowbody and it sounded incredible, if it can play music it can play metal.

The point is that i tested out some guitar that were good for metal, and ifound that these guitars are better- im asking u which one of these guitar comps u would go to to buy a guitar for metal/hardcore....
Quote by PUnkMetaL00
The point is that i tested out some guitar that were good for metal, and ifound that these guitars are better- im asking u which one of these guitar comps u would go to to buy a guitar for metal/hardcore....

It's a matter of opinion, what works for me might not work for you. I might like ESPs but then you could end up liking Jacksons better. Instead of starting this poll you should instead be looking for a guitar that might fit your needs, regardless of the opinions of others, after all, you're the one who's gonna be playing the guitar, not us.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Last edited by cxrlxscr at Jul 17, 2009,
My favorites are ESP and Schecter, but all those are decent choices.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by PUnkMetaL00

I wouldn't go to any of them; I'd get a custom Carvin. But if I have to pick one, Jackson just because they offer the closest thing to what I'd get.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Are Ibanez's no longer suitable for metal? Get yourself an S or an RG, nothing better.
esp phoenix is the ****ing best guitar for metal
dean sarasota 12 would be able to get you extreme hair metal tones
ibanez as73 is similar to the dean but 6 string so you won't get the same sound but it's still good for hair metal
and well jackson guitars just suck plain and hard

so with that said i would definitely tell you to look at the squier hello kitty guitars as they have probably the best metal tone that i've played through my fireball. the single bridge humbucker is just nothing short of a dimarzio x2n copy except more tighter and man the pinch harmonics are just ring out so loud.
jackson..i have been around ESPs and Ibanezs long enough to develop nausea.
Esp's or Ibanez's dont have a thickish sound i like on my guitars,
even deans arent that bad, i just dont like the way they look.
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-
Where are the Gibson and Fender choices? The Flying V came out in 1958. How much more metal can you get than that kids?
Danelectro Pro. There is nothing more br00tal and kvlt than the Danelectro Pro.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
As long as you can play it and it has a decent bridge humbucker, you can play metal on it.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by reincarnator
As long as you can play it and you have a decent amp, you can play metal on it.

edited for truth.
Well...

I believe Jackson is overpriced now, and that Dean just isn't as well as it used to be... I've never been a fan of Ibanez, just a personal thing.

For bang for your buck, I would go for either ESP or Ibanez.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
ESP, Ibanez ,Dean , Schecter, Jackson..?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I like Ibanez and ESP both but since I mostly use Ibanez and find them to be versatile and fitting for everything else as well, my vote goes to Ibanez....
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Make sure you figure out which is best for you. I like ESP though.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Out of your choices i prefer either ESP or Jackson, but my favorite guitar for metal is my Gibson Explorer.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Failed list is full of fail.

Where is Ran Guitars?
also, no vs threads, so watch out what your doing.
If you think they're the only 4 brands of guitar that can do metal, you're either very misguided or very ignorant.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
If you think they're the only 4 brands of guitar that can do metal, you're either very misguided or very ignorant.

well what did you expect the ts was only born in 1999 which makes him like 9 years old. ****ing ban the little kid
ESP, and Dean.
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell