I play mostly blues, classic rock, and a little metal. I have been playing for 3 years and I am getting a little irritated with my squire strat. I mostly play rhythm.

Don't ask what kind of amp I have. I am getting the guitar and then saving for a new amp. As of right now, I have a Behringer 15w V-Tone.

Oh, and I am not looking to pay more than $300

Thanks.
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Andybren8690
Oh, and I am not looking to pay more than $300

That's a problem right there. While Squire Strats are the ****zorz, it's really not worth spending the 300 on something that will only be of a slightly better quality. If you're extremely lucky you will find something good used, keywords extremely lucky...

Think you can hold out until you at least have $500, or are you impatient like moi?
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
You've already got pretty much as good as you can get for $300. Sorry...

If 300 is your budget, keep your Squire, it's pretty much the best you're going to get for that price range.

Save your money and wait till you have about $600 - $800

Guitar = Expensive Hobby = Fact of Life

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
maybe some new pickups is a better idea, unless your looking to spend at least 500, your not going to get anything better. Slap some new pickups in.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
youve got roughly the best guitar you can get for under $300
save your money up for maybe an epiphone les paul those are good for blues, rock and metal and within about double your current budget
save up for something like that

or get a better amp first since your amp is gonna make a bad guitar sound a lot better. i was always told that the amp is more important than the guitar (but having both is always better obviously)
Quote by mtforever
maybe some new pickups is a better idea, unless your looking to spend at least 500, your not going to get anything better. Slap some new pickups in.

bad idea. Amp>guitar>pickups.
meh
I just picked up a used Michael Kelly Patriot Custom for $329 off eBay, and thats perfect for the genres you suggested. Take a look at your local used market and see what you can find. Craigslist is a good source.

But yeah, if you want anything new thats substantially better than your squire, $300 won't cut it.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON