Got a Ibanez RG350, play mostly metal and hardrock, and I woulden't mind good cleans, but the metal part of the amp is what I'm looking at most. (A metallica wise tone, may not be the HEAVIEST of them all, but at least heavy... also good for solos)

My budget goes around the price of a Peavy Vypyr 30 W that I've considered buying, is it good for metal?

Haven't looked at other amps apart from the Spider line series... I'f I don't get any recomendations or tips for a new amp, then im buying the spider line 6 instead It's UGs duty to save me from that amp, so help me out please!
Budget?
Can you go used?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Don't buy a Spider. Can you give us a specific dollar amount for your budget?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Vypyr 30s goes for about $200 USD. I think a Vypyr would do what you need very well. It's the best you can do for that price range.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk
Vypyr 30s goes for about $200 USD. I think a Vypyr would do what you need very well. It's the best you can do for that price range.

You, my man, can read! Are you sure? should it be worth getting the 75w or is the 30 enough volume wise, also, does the 75w have any extra things that the 30w does not have?
Quote by jc349
Don't buy a Spider. Can you give us a specific dollar amount for your budget?

I live In sweden, it's hard to give one... what could be 3000 swedish crowns be worth in dollars... It might be around 300 dollars or less, and no to first poster, I won't get used cuz im a bit paranoid and there are very few used amps being sold in this country
Quote by pjuckazz
I live In sweden, it's hard to give one... what could be 3000 swedish crowns be worth in dollars... It might be around 300 dollars or less, and no to first poster, I won't get used cuz im a bit paranoid and there are very few used amps being sold in this country

(God Bless America.....)
Quote by BobDetroit
(God Bless America.....)

There is no god for sure, but something bless that country, everything guitar related sells for AT LEAST 100 dollars cheaper than here!!!!! Sweden is a total scam guitar wise
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Budget?
Can you go used?

I think I've been seeing you around and you got some fame here, I will trust any recommendation given by you, Alf.
Unless you're gigging or practicing with a drummer, the extra 35w wont do you much good. The 30 has all the features of the 75 except for the attunator, which doesn't do as much as it tries to (more gimmicky then anything). Overall, both are good amps for the price (I'm only selling mine because I use a Line6 Axsys 212 (100w stereo amp with 128 user settings).
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Quote by theacousticpunk
Unless you're gigging or practicing with a drummer, the extra 35w wont do you much good. The 30 has all the features of the 75 except for the attunator, which doesn't do as much as it tries to (more gimmicky then anything). Overall, both are good amps for the price (I'm only selling mine because I use a Line6 Axsys 212 (100w stereo amp with 128 user settings).

I see, I've head the amp is focking loud... hmm is it metal worthy? anything better around it's prize range? I would want something that would last at least 1 years:d
Go line 6. I don't care what anyone says, mine has been real good to me and i can get very Opeth-esque clean tones and some really freakin nice metal tones. Go spider they are real nice.
It'll last a you a good year AT LEAST. It can get metal tones very well, using the XXX, or the Krank, or the Diezel settings. It can also get nice crunches as well.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Quote by pjuckazz
There is no god for sure, but something bless that country, everything guitar related sells for AT LEAST 100 dollars cheaper than here!!!!! Sweden is a total scam guitar wise

WHAT! No Br00TalZ gitarrrrs amps inz sveeden?

I guess YEEENG-WEE bought 'em all up. Maybe he'd let you borrow one of his, since he's gone acoustic now.

...and to threaten us with the possibility of YOU buying a spider is just dumb. I hope you get crushed by a falling arpeggio.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Go line 6. I don't care what anyone says, mine has been real good to me and i can get very Opeth-esque clean tones and some really freakin nice metal tones. Go spider they are real nice.

Where were you when I was buying my amp.. Darn!!
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

...and acu-punk, what "Diezel settings" are you refering to???
Quote by BobDetroit
Where were you when I was buying my amp.. Darn!!

Idk haha i really like the spider series they are cheap and you don't need any pedals. I love mine. I'm on year 2 with mine and its as good as ever. Great investment.
it transtube, the vypyr, so i would say its 'louder' than most solid state its size, more harmonic distortion?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by BobDetroit
(God Bless America.....)

I would say Britain is the place to be for awesome amps since they have the British as well as the European market to draw upon without significant markup.

I can only think of a handful of amplifiers that I'm interested in that are of North American origin.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The Vypyr has a Deizel model on it Griskenheimer.
I really like the Vypyr 30 as a practice amp, I am actually looking into getting one myself once I sell my old practice amp so I don't have to spend my time burning the midnight tube.
If you have $200 you can't really go much better unless you go used.

Check Craigslist TS.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I would say Britain is the place to be for awesome amps since they have the British as well as the European market to draw upon without significant markup.

I can only think of a handful of amplifiers that I'm interested in that are of North American origin.

I'm torn... here I pay a premium for Diezel, there I'd pay a premium for Mesa.
This is me... screwed.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']The Vypyr has a Deizel model on it Griskenheimer.
I really like the Vypyr 30 as a practice amp, I am actually looking into getting one myself once I sell my old practice amp so I don't have to spend my time burning the midnight tube.
If you have $200 you can't really go much better unless you go used.

Check Craigslist TS.

yeah, thanks... that was sarcasm, btw.

...you don't get Diezel through a Vypyr, but it's still a decent practice amp.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

DIE!@!... now...please..
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by pjuckazz

3000 Swedish kronor = 384.34500 U.S. dollars

Since you have more money that you think maybe go for a Vox Valvetronix? I dont know since I'm biased and I have no expertise about amps.