Hi, I'm new here and am buying my first electric guitar, a yamaha pacifica 112v, and need an amp to go with it, preferably under £50, used maybe? I want to play in my bedroom so practice amp I guess but I want it to make my 112v sound good. Any recommendations?

I was looking at the Marshall MG 10w range but after looking in these forums they seem to be ****... additionally I have a synthesizer which I can run my guitar through to give me pretty much any effect I want so the fx aspect is pretty much covered there. I play stuff from feeder, ash and write my own music. Any help would be great thanks.
Last edited by ackers07 at Jul 21, 2009,
You're not going to get a very good amp for that money. My suggestion to you would be a Peavey Vyper. Don't buy a MG or a Spider.

edit- just saw you have a synth for fx. get an amp with good cleans

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Hell, til you get some more money, just get a cheap hifi system. You're not gonna get anything good for that price range.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
if you can stretch by around a tenner or so, roland microcube. or if you can find one used, it'll probably be under budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Chikao42
Hell, til you get some more money, just get a cheap hifi system. You're not gonna get anything good for that price range.

Well I do have my logitech Z4 2.1ch speakers I could use temporarily...
Quote by ackers07
Hi, I'm new here and am buying my first electric guitar, a yamaha pacifica 112v, and need an amp to go with it, preferably under £50, used maybe? I want to play in my bedroom so practice amp I guess but I want it to make my 112v sound good. Any recommendations?

I was looking at the Marshall MG 10w range but after looking in these forums they seem to be ****... additionally I have a synthesizer which I can run my guitar through to give me pretty much any effect I want so the fx aspect is pretty much covered there. I play stuff from feeder, ash and write my own music. Any help would be great thanks.

Vox AmPlug of your choice + Headphones
I think I'll go with the peavy vypyr 15w amp. Tried the Line III at a local guitar shop and I can see why people say it sounds too digital. It was still fun tho! Oh and btw, I bought a 412V Pacifica! Just need an amp before the 28th July (my bday)... anyone know of any for a good price new/second-hand?
Sorry for double post but I've thought about it more and I might not actually go for the vypyr now...

Ok so the thing is I'm a beginner guitarist who wants to play in his bedroom [in a flat I'll most likely be moving into soon - neighbours alert!]. I write my own music and would like to eventually form/join a band as lead guitarist and vocalist. I've bought the Yamaha Pacifica 412V guitar which is meant to sound really good so I'd like to buy an amp which justifies the tone of this guitar but I wouldn't like to spend more than £80 [£100 is stretching it]. Probably not enough moneys.

I have a Roland keyboard synthesizer which I can use to plug my guitar into which can give me pretty much any effect I want so I don't really need an amp for its fx - more for sound quality, tone and loudness .

I've been hearing good things about tube amps for their good tones - 5watts should be enough from what I hear on this forum [would it?]

I'm not really the sort to buy something then upgrade it a couple months later. I want this to last me perhaps years so it has to be worthwhile.

I play light, heavy, melodic and 90's rock [british sound but perhaps american sometimes] - think Feeder and Ash and maybe Yellowcard. I don't play blues... check out my myspace [http://www.myspace.com/lewisaquilina] for what I play particularly 'staring at the sky' and 'intervention' to hear how my sound varies. I wrote these songs on my keyboard and this is why I want to join/form a band - to play them properly! Thanks for reading.
£100 is probably just about enough to get one of the cheaper 5 watt tube amps, the problem is you don't really get a wide range of tones out of them, a lot of them are one-trick ponies. and 5 watts is still really, really loud in a home situation, especially if you're in a flat- you're not going to be able to crank it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How about the Vox AD30VT range? They're about £70 used. Should be almost perfect for me based on the reviews I've read here. But does it have line-out so I can record to a mixing console? Also I've seen some pretty cheap used AD50VT's as well. Surely much better than Peavey Vypyr's.

edit: also how about the Fender Vibro Champ XD, is that worth around £80 used? Is it better than the Vox AD30VT?
Last edited by ackers07 at Jul 22, 2009,
vibro champ? probably.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You might be able to find a used Crate v5 for that much. Check your CL for any used small amps.