I've been looking into guitars recently and I really like some of the RG's. The only problem is that I like to customize (Add volume/tone knobs, boosters, ect.) and there's no pick plate. So I want to know just how hard it is to add electronics to a guitar without one. And about how much does it cost ?
You may have to route extra spacein the control cavity, so you'd need to make a bigger cover plate. You'd also need to drill holes for extra pots.

It's not hard if you have the right tools and some common sense.
Alright, thanks for the info. But one thing no one's answered: how much would it cost for a professional to do it for you?
You can do it yourself for just the cost of parts. A new pot is like 4 bucks and you can make a new cover out of anything you have laying around.

A "pro" will charge for parts, shipping, and labor, and the waiting period could be a few hours or a few days.

Basically you are going to pay more than you have to if DIYing is a viable option. Some techs will screw you, and some won't.

The only way to get a good ballpark idea is to take it to a few shops for an estimate.
Alright, I'll give it a try. I'm more of an electronics DIYer, but hey, I've done woodwork too. Thanks.